Dane Cook still funny?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Discuss.

Also, go look at the awful picture I took with him when I was fatter and smiling like a dumbass.

Tis in my FS thread :-D

Edit: So you don't have to go to my fs thread click here.

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
He is not funny. Really...he isn't. And it isn't cool to pretend he is.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I never understood why some people seem to hate him so much.

Because he's the Brittney Spears of comedians.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I never understood why some people seem to hate him so much.

I dont personally hate him. I just dont find him all that funny.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
dane cook is everything that is wrong with standup comedy

mitch hedbergh is everything that is right

...and mitch is dead :(

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: davestar
dane cook is everything that is wrong with standup comedy

mitch hedbergh is everything that is right

...and mitch is dead :(

rofl, you should listen to some of his stuff thats live, well most of it it :D, but the crowd barely says anything! like when he wasn't headlining or whatever it is that comedians call each other when they aren't headlining.

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
he was funny way back cause he was different. But then, just like with Anchorman and Napolean Dynamite, every tool in the country started quoting him every other sentace and ruined it. I hate tools.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
Originally posted by: ric1287
he was funny way back cause he was different. But then, just like with Anchorman and Napolean Dynamite, every tool in the country started quoting him every other sentace and ruined it. I hate tools.

Napoleon Dynamite was never funny. Ever.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
he used to be funny, hilarious even, but i've heard all his 12 jokes so many times that i no longer laugh.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
As a somewhat comedy connoisseur, he's slightly above average. I was amused with his first disc, just because of his crazy delivery, and some observational humor. I have NO IDEA why he exploded as the most popular comedian of all time. (Sad true fact) I guess if you can get a crossover audience of 13 year old girls and college dudes, you have SOMETHING going on... Weird stuff.

If you think he's great, just listen to some Mitch Hedberg, Robert Schimmel, or Bill Hicks... Now THAT'S funny stuff.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: DefDC
As a somewhat comedy connoisseur, he's slightly above average. I was amused with his first disc, just because of his crazy delivery, and some observational humor. I have NO IDEA why he exploded as the most popular comedian of all time. (Sad true fact) I guess if you can get a crossover audience of 13 year old girls and college dudes, you have SOMETHING going on... Weird stuff.

If you think he's great, just listen to some Mitch Hedberg, Robert Schimmel, or Bill Hicks... Now THAT'S funny stuff.

didn't he pass away?

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Yup.. Bill Hicks too. Bill left a ton of material behind, Mitch, not so much... :(

oppie1

Jan 16, 2001
dane is really good at telling Louis CK's jokes..

i sent Dane a myspace message a few months ago accusing him of stealing louis's jokes.. i was surprised he actually wrote back

never and i nothing but respect for what he has done in his career. fellow boston guy!

DC
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Mar 6, 2007 8:47 AM

so you never stole anything from Louis CK?

ne Cook
Date: Mar 6, 2007 7:58 AM

ive never stolen a thing in my life and i resent this comment.

you know 1/2 a story and make ignorant assumptions. Ive had more shit stolen from me than you know -- i just dont complain about it. i just move on.

Date: Mar 5, 2007 1:58 PM

BrianHitsCar's Comment:

"hey Dane.. whats going on man? steal any good jokes lately?"

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I think dane cook is pretty funny. I HATED mitch hedburg, for the most part....some of his stuff was decent.