Dance Dance Revolution

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
I've bought all three versions for PS2 so far. I've got the Red Octane Ignition 2.0 mats, I can't play in heavy mode to save my life, but I love the game :) Where else can you burn calories by playing a video game, and actually get better with your rhythm? HMM? I'm not a big fan of the new interface in DDRX (the latest) and the fact they removed the 'feet' difficulty meters, but I'm still happy with new-to-ps2 songs.

In the last version, I could do up to 7-footers on normal... and I'm a big guy (6'3" 250). ;) My biggest acomplishment was AA'ing Max300. I was considering building my own mats, but I'm still very happy with the ROI2.0's.

edited for spelling ;)
 

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
16,517
0
76
Never tried it before to be honest. I would play if I was alone but wouldn't be caught dead on one in front of ppl lol.
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
Originally posted by: ^Sniper^
Never tried it before to be honest. I would play if I was alone but wouldn't be caught dead on one in front of ppl lol.

After you get the hang of it, it's not a big deal in front of other people... it's actually kinda fun. I played against this one guy up in New Hampshire this past summer. He gave me the impression he was fantastic. I blew him away...

of course, I'm not asian nor a girl, so I'm definately not as good as many many people. :D
 

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
4,821
0
0
I had it for the psx but my pads died ... I'm thinking about getting them for the xbox now, I'm sure the folks downstairs would appreciate it. :)
 

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
8,636
0
0
i'm a DDR fanatic.

i lost 50 pounds (literally) b/c of DDR.

i haven't played in a bit, but last time i played i was on Heavy mode around 8-stars.

i can't seem to get over that 9-star plateau.

getting good at DDR takes a LOT of patience.

just a small tip: NEVER let your feet go to the center of the mat. each foot should always be on an arrow; just move from arrow to arrow. you'll see how much quicker u become when u do this.

cheers!:beer:
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood
just a small tip: NEVER let your feet go to the center of the mat. each foot should always be on an arrow; just move from arrow to arrow. you'll see how much quicker u become when u do this.
Heh, yeah n00bs do that all the time and it just sucks... also, DONT STOMP.

 

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
8,636
0
0
Originally posted by: Modeps
I've bought all three versions for PS2 so far. I've got the Red Octane Ignition 2.0 mats, I can't play in heavy mode to save my life, but I love the game :) Where else can you burn calories by playing a video game, and actually get better with your rhythm? HMM? I'm not a big fan of the new interface in DDRX (the latest) and the fact they removed the 'feet' difficulty meters, but I'm still happy with new-to-ps2 songs.

In the last version, I could do up to 7-footers on normal... and I'm a big guy (6'3" 250). ;) My biggest acomplishment was AA'ing Max300. I was considering building my own mats, but I'm still very happy with the ROI2.0's.

edited for spelling ;)

you AA'ed MAX 300????

*bows down*
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood
Originally posted by: Modeps
I've bought all three versions for PS2 so far. I've got the Red Octane Ignition 2.0 mats, I can't play in heavy mode to save my life, but I love the game :) Where else can you burn calories by playing a video game, and actually get better with your rhythm? HMM? I'm not a big fan of the new interface in DDRX (the latest) and the fact they removed the 'feet' difficulty meters, but I'm still happy with new-to-ps2 songs.

In the last version, I could do up to 7-footers on normal... and I'm a big guy (6'3" 250). ;) My biggest acomplishment was AA'ing Max300. I was considering building my own mats, but I'm still very happy with the ROI2.0's.

edited for spelling ;)

you AA'ed MAX 300????

*bows down*

Perhaps I left out the most important part... I did it on light :( ;)
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood
Originally posted by: Modeps


Perhaps I left out the most important part... I did it on light :( ;)

hahahahahahahahaha.

even so, it's a fun song!

Agreed, on light it's not too bad once you memorize it... although you still work up a nice sweat on one run through.
 

naruto1988

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2004
1,028
0
0
DDR is pretty fun. i don't play it often enough to get good, so i can only do light. i can do standard on stepmania (DDR-simulator for the computer) though, lol.
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
I cant play Pump at all... I'm so used to DDR, that turning the mat and adding a button really just screws with me.
 

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
21,939
6
81
Now I want DDR all over again.
I played in the arcade and it was good fun, but I don't have the $$$ to buy a PS2 and game and mat :(
Shut up :p
 

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
7,158
1
81
I love rhythm games. I played ddr in my old apartment but stopped playing recently.

DDR still has a bad stigma attached to it, whereas donkey konga, oh man. I took it to a housewarming party last weekend and we eventually ended up renting 2 other bongos. It was so crazy people getting so into it and yelling and screaming/cheering. I doubt ddr could have done the same (but I still love ddr).
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
Originally posted by: abaez
I love rhythm games. I played ddr in my old apartment but stopped playing recently.

DDR still has a bad stigma attached to it, whereas donkey konga, oh man. I took it to a housewarming party last weekend and we eventually ended up renting 2 other bongos. It was so crazy people getting so into it and yelling and screaming/cheering. I doubt ddr could have done the same (but I still love ddr).

People just get too tired playing DDR, so they cant go crazy and yell :) Bongos on the other hand, you can bang away and go nuts! How is that game by the way?
 

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
10,312
0
76
I have it for Xbox, with the pad. Lots of fun with friends over. Excercise + Lots of Fun = 2 birds with one stone for a gamer. :)
 

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
17,255
44
91
I dunno, I heard the xbox version just wasnt as good as the ps2 one... except for the whole crazy downloadable content thinger.