Damnit Madden 2003!, Someone help!

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
I have Madden '03 on the XBox and every time a half is over, my depth charts get REALLY messed up! I was playin a game with the Bengals and I was doing really well the first half, then in the second half I started getting raped like nobodys buisness! I couldn't figure out what was going on then I noticed some names I did not remember seeing the first half so I went into my depth charts to see what was up. Low and behold *ALL* my secondary players are listed as First String players, and the Third String as secondary. My back up ROLB is set to first string LOLB and vise versa with the first string ROLB. All my sh*tty CB's are set as first string players as well. WTF is going on here? I've tried turning off substitutions and it dose nothing, my secondary sucks like you wouldn't believe right now:eek:, it's my first year of an '03 franchise so I didn't have many options as far as free agents went, and no rookies of course.

TLfromAI

Jun 22, 2002
I can second this problem but for the PS2. I can't seem to fix this either and I turned fatigue and auto subbing off to no avail.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Another thing that is ticking me off is the fact that you have to switch to your playbook of choice EVERY TIME, like a coach would switch his playbook with another coaches playbook

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
Are you playing a preseason game? They automatically sub in the second-stringers at halftime if it is.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GhettoFob
Are you playing a preseason game? They automatically sub in the second-stringers at halftime if it is.
Dirrrrr, I'm such and idiot sometimes, out of all the years of watching football you would think I'd have figured out that small bit of info. right off the bat. This game is getting seriously realistic, guess I better start expecting more from it. Thanks for the help Ghetto F.O.B. :p.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Originally posted by: GhettoFob
Was gonna mention the same.. but I was at work. :p

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
whoa...I was playing my first franchise game and the same thing happened to me. You mean that was a pre-season game??

Oh ya, I LOVE how you can save your game at anytime on the xbox :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY