Damn you Northwest Airlines

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Friend of mine is getting married tomorrow and I had planned on attending the wedding. Booked my flights ($830 for the flights) for today returning Sunday in advance only to find out my connection from Memphis to Indianapolis was cancelled. Now my only chance of attending is driving and it is nearly a 14 hour drive there.

:(

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
They couldn't get you on another flight even with another airline or something?

Aug 10, 2001
NWA is having major problems. The general consensus is that they are suffering from a crew shortage, but management wants to blame external factors for their problems.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
when the chief executive gets a $26 million bonus when the company comes out of bankruptcy and the pilots took 40% pay cuts, you know there is something extremely wrong with the company...

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
All the CEOs in this country are OVER paid. It's a good ole boy system now and its probably going to take government intervention to end it. They skim off the top and get bonuses for just doing there job. The ones who fail get a golden parachute and leave the workers and stockholders out to dry.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Indolent
when the chief executive gets a $26 million bonus when the company comes out of bankruptcy and the pilots took 40% pay cuts, you know there is something extremely wrong with the company...

yeah thats a dumb ass move if I ever saw one... our CEO made ~40mil this year for a record 10bil profit year.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: jackace
All the CEOs in this country are OVER paid. It's a good ole boy system now and its probably going to take government intervention to end it. They skim off the top and get bonuses for just doing there job. The ones who fail get a golden parachute and leave the workers and stockholders out to dry.

Actually it should be up to the shareholders to decide, not gov't. If you don't own the company, it's none of your business. If you do, go to the meetings

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
If they are a publicly traded company they affect us all when all these CEOs are doing these kinds of things. In a privately held company I say let them do what ever they want. If the company is publicly traded I feel CEO and top executive compensation should have some regulation by the FTC. All these HUGE stock options are a conflict of interest IMHO.