Damn, they never give up!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yet ANOTHER credit card fraud attempt. This numbnuts gets bounced by the processing service five times in a row with five different cards, but finally gets an approval on the sixth. Well let's see: a shipping address that traces to a mailbox place in California, using a Visa from Finland.

How stupid do these people think I am?

Okay, rant over.

Russ, NCNE

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Russ,
Do you think they lurk here and then use us?
My fraud attemt came from a Cal. card but wanted purchase shipped to Cairo,Egypt.

Muhhamad Mustafa----You lose. The Feds have been notified.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Viper,

As a merchant, all we can do is report the information and the card companies take it from there. I certainly always offer to provide any information and/or testimony they need. I even do reverses on the addresses and phone numbers and provide that info. Guess what? I've never gotten a single follow-up from any investigator.

Tripleshot,

I get five or six attempts a week and, as we get closer to the holidays, that will double. Not sure where these idiots come from but, so far, none has gotten past my radar screen.

Russ, NCNE

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'm sure with a little research you could come up with some pretty sweet "packages" to send them...

;)

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Send them a brick of C4 wired to the box flaps. They'd probably like that.

After all, C4 is a lot more expensive than say, a stick of memory. They got a good deal.

:D

Viper GTS

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
Anyone know that site where you can pay them to send people "gifts", like a horse manure hamburger and other goodies involving dog or horse feces. Something like that could work.

Warrenton

Banned
Aug 7, 2000
My former boss got a call from his cards fraud dept. It was when we were doing new server builds. Its his own business and he was using his personal card. Well combined totals were $16,000 or so for all the stuff. Yeah that will trigger the fraud dept.