Damn non-stop storm :|

Marrkks

Jun 9, 2001
living in central Florida (aka hurricane central), I definately feel for ya'. at least with a hurricane it moves through in about a day. then there is plenty to do afterwards(cleaning up), makes living with out the 'net and electric alittle easier.:p

stay safe(and dry)

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
There was a extremely low pressure front that moved in from Russia. Our sea rose about 15 feet... Those picures are our seawall, during a normal tide it is like 20' lower. Wind guest have lowered, but we did have some 86mph gusts. We have also been having a lot of sleet... (not quite hail, but not rain either)

Our power plant is only 8' above sea level. I am really suprised we have not lost power throughout our entire town. Though we have had numerous power outages and 3 blackouts. Our telecomunications/cable provider base stations are just a few hundred feet away from the power plant also. While the phone system has not gone out, we have lost cable for about 9 hours, internet (cable) was just restored earlier today.

My father went as close to my camp as he could. While it is not destroyed, the door was blown open... and the foundation was 6" below sea level. There are other natural and man made things keeping the waves from striking directly though :)... but I fear the worst upon closer inspection :(

The bad weather has been going on for 3 days roughly. But last night the strongest hit. As you can see in the weather page... things don't look like they will get much better soon. :|

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Just added one more picture take from my room looking towards the sea. Mind you it is not the best as it is looking out a window and I had my zoom maxxed out.