evergreen96

Sep 2, 2000
Why did IOC give NBC the rights to air the olympics beside $$$$

I don't like the coverage of because:

1. Only shows selected replays, slow motions of mistakes not all of them
2. Doesn't show scores for all alhetes eg figure staking
3. was not like 24/7 coverage like it was on ABC
4. not to much background on the althete like ABC
5. They didn't remove the live sign from the broadcast was it wasn't live anymore.. they just show
"recorded from eariler broadcast" and never show it again fooling us "West coast" its live
Shessh there are in "Pacific Time or Mountain time" (1 hr ahead)
6. Commentors always claim "they can will all the events they enter. (Ski Jump, speed skating, figure skating ....eg clean sweep)

Personally i think ABC should be in charge of this

For the last decade or so ABC does a decent job of this

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I agree. The coverage has been piss-poor. Even with THREE channels, they still don't cover it very well.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Yes I agree.
When I turned to the coverage of the olympics for some reason they were covering curling instead.
;)

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
I freakin' hate the tape delay...cuz I'm always looking on ESPN and half the time the results are already in and they haven't even broadcasted it yet!!! And dude..it's only like 1 hour ahead of PST!! Why the freak can't they broadcast it live???

-Ed

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
If I didn't have Dish Network and could see events on MSNBC, I probably wouldn't see anything. And what the heck were they thinking not broadcasting the Russia VS USA hockey game live? (at least not in my area)
-Cyco-

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
I agree they should have done it all live on NBC, I mean come on, they couldnt cancel the soaps and trash talk shows, come on... Time events so they don't overlap. Then have reairings in full at night on CNBC and MSNBC. Oh and CBS and ABC over did the stories behind the athletes IMHO, NBC has done just enough, not to little, or to much.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
Russia vs USA was live on CNBC, if you get MSNBC you get CNBC... Actually I dont quite remember, anyone else?

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
CNBC, MSNBC, whatever, point is, it wasn't live on NBC.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
because when you pay that much for the olympics you gotta keep coverage only in prime time to afford it:p blame the ioc:)

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Sadly the might buck rules and the IOC could care less if we see anything of the Olympics. :(
Kinda a sad statement... but true. They should require a % rate of live coverage and all around coverage, not just popular sports (Although I am still not sure why they had to show Curling life for hours on end?!)