Damn it, I hate Meh!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Meh = Woot! before Amazon bought it and ruined it.

Yesterday they had a unique charcuterie board for 80% off the price of dept. stores. Did I need it? NO. Did I want it. YES. $30 forked over.

Today they have a pair of flaming rechargeable bluetooth speakers that would look cool for Halloween (and around my hot tub). They're $29 for a pair, and a single one is over $30 everywhere else. Did I need it? NO.Did I fork over $29? YES.

SOMEONE STOP ME

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I was looking at those torch speakers myself. I don't need them, but they look nifty.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I was going to say you are a dirty hoarder, but then I saw the speakers and was like damn, those are pretty cool...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Meh stopped accepting my credit card for some reason. Never bothered to figure out why, since it's probably saved me about $300 on stuff I didn't really need over the past 3 years :)

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I stopped wooting when Amazon screwed it up.

What's this charcuterie board you got?

Got a link for the full priced version somewhere?

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
oh man, I used to love Woot....got that HD-DVD player from them when they unleashed that firesale for like, 8 hours? It went from $500 to like $90, the official death day of HD DVD (already had my BD player, so it was like, a trophy, you know?)

....still wish I could play those 5 HD DVDs that I have, though :( (no idea what happened to that player, lol)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I stopped wooting when Amazon screwed it up.

What's this charcuterie board you got?

Got a link for the full priced version somewhere?

seriously, I want a charcuterie board (actually I already have a few that will work....I don't need a charcuterie board)

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
seriously, I want a charcuterie board (actually I already have a few that will work....I don't need a charcuterie board)
I use a small cutting board all the time...small.

I want one with bowls for pickles and spicy mustard for dipping cured meats.

I found out my wife is gluten intolerant (officially via lab test). I gotta up my cheffing game to compensate for not being able to make pasta or bread anymore.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I use a small cutting board all the time...small.

I want one with bowls for pickles and spicy mustard for dipping cured meats.

I found out my wife is gluten intolerant (officially via lab test). I gotta up my cheffing game to compensate for not being able to make pasta or bread anymore.

I've got a long fancy cheese board with a cutout for one, nice deep dipping bowl (touristy thing from Napa, I think, given as a gift)....and another one that has a glass/glazed surface.

I wager that I could serve at least 4 lbs of cured meats, pickled stuff, and cheeses on that, about 3 solid portions each, on each of those with no problems.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
oh man, I used to love Woot....got that HD-DVD player from them when they unleashed that firesale for like, 8 hours? It went from $500 to like $90, the official death day of HD DVD (already had my BD player, so it was like, a trophy, you know?)

....still wish I could play those 5 HD DVDs that I have, though :( (no idea what happened to that player, lol)

X box 360 hd-dvd drive

Reactions: zinfamous

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I got this one. It was $30.

(Now I see Amazon has it for $40)
Thanks. I think there may be some with cheese knives and bowls for the $40-60 range. I found a few for $20 that seem to be good enough for what I need (without the hardware). I've got to find out if my wife can eat cheese ok. She's having to re-evaluate everything because of how badly she's felt the past few weeks.

Btw....they're having a Meh-Rathon today!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

If any of them are WB HD-DVDs, they may not be playable anymore. Lucky for WB that HD-DVD tanked, most of mine won't either. The ones from other studios are fine, last I checked.
I still have my Toshiba player, and my Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. Bought "Streets of Fire" on HD-DVD earlier this year because it was the cheapest way to get it in HD :p