Damn it HURTS

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I just spent about 30 hours with no DSL (thanks Verizon :|) watching boring daytime TV (on vacation from school this week) and no anandtech forums or CS. I liked yelling at the TV when I saw verizon commercials boasting about their wonderful DSL. And of cource none of my dialup modems worked without the drivers which I threw out months ago.

Oh, and Verizon isn't my ISP, but as my phone company they have a tendency to screw things up whenever they get the chance.

Well, I'm back, so I guess it's time for the mods to get back to watching me :)

Dan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had Verizon's DSL service for over a year. I finally got fed up with the service interruptions and, worse, the cavalier attitude of their customer "service" reps and technicians. Verizon is so big, and has such a huge waiting list for DSL that they simply don't care whether people leave them or not.

Once I wised up to that fact I voted with my feet. I've had a cable modem for two months now. What an improvement!

aahha
nice
I work for verizon.
Well only until april 1st.
Then they close all facilities here.

heh
verizon = suck

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
And people wonder why I always recommend hardware modems...they don't need special driver disks!!!

HKSturboKID

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
I place a order with Mindspring back in September 2000 and since my local phone company is Verizon, I am still waiting for them to hook me up. @#$%ing Verizon $ucks!!!

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Vi: It wasn't the hardware or the software. It's the morons on the other side of the line. And I'm competant enough to install drivers for an internal modem, although admittedly an external would've been nice (easier and quicker restarts, easier to share connection), the internal was only $100 when I first ordered DSL a year ago, and getting an external now would cost $250. No thanks...