Damn Chase abunch of GREEDY SOBs

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
My account has been paid off since July 09, I check all the time just in case and now notice a new $ 59 yearly fee. I ask for them to take it off....they won't do so fine take it off and close my account. Their reply: We can close your account but you will still be charged. I haven't charged anything yet this year. You are charging me for something I haven't used yet? 12 years means nothing to them (back when providian). Damn never Chase never again. BOA isn't much better but they credited me back about 150 bucks once that was a computer error on their side....so they get a break.

Anybody else want to rant about these basterds!

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
what account? I have chase checking and the chase freedom CC and don't have an annual fee... or at least I haven't gotten a notice about one.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
So you threw away the notice they were instituting an annual fee?

notice or not, that's a pretty shitty thing to defend.

our tax money kept these fags afloat, and now they have the gaul to try and start raping everyone with higher interest rates and more fees. suck a fuck, you greedy douchebags.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
My account has been paid off since July 09, I check all the time just in case and now notice a new $ 59 yearly fee. I ask for them to take it off....they won't do so fine take it off and close my account. Their reply: We can close your account but you will still be charged. I haven't charged anything yet this year. You are charging me for something I haven't used yet? 12 years means nothing to them (back when providian). Damn never Chase never again. BOA isn't much better but they credited me back about 150 bucks once that was a computer error on their side....so they get a break.

Anybody else want to rant about these basterds!

i will tell you something I do with chase that will make you happier. so i have 7 chase cards in total. Personally, i am still amazing how I got so many cards just by chase alone.

so chase cancel your charges if it is under $1. it was sweeter when they canceled balance under $2. It is hard to charge exact $.99 to the card with additional sale taxes, so sometimes send a few cents to lower the balance to $.99.

some NYC parking meter takes credit card payment, even for 25 cents, guess who pays for that?

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

our tax money kept these fags afloat, and now they have the gaul to try and start raping everyone with higher interest rates and more fees. suck a fuck, you greedy douchebags.

So they failed with the old business model(low interest and no fees) and now you complain when they change it? Don't like paying interest? Don't charge stuff you cant afford.

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
It was a chase credit card. About 9 months ago the limit was around 6 grand but have paid hardcore on it with a final payment around 2k back in July. Never have gotten a yearly fee and no notice in the mail about them going to charge an annual fee. They have made plenty off me in interest which is fine. I told the lady would you rather keep making money off me when I need to charge or would you rather take your 59 bucks now and never have my business for the remainder of my life. She was speechless as she was cancelling my card she had the gaul "Keep us in mind in the future" ;) I told her wtf did you not understand about me saying you will never get my business again. Cancel my damn card and hung up then paid the 59 bucks a minute later! basterds!

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
I have been paying off credit cards for the past year and haven't charged anything on any revolving accounts for over a year. Just use my debit card. No problem paying interest not annual fees when I'm not told to.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
So they failed with the old business model(low interest and no fees) and now you complain when they change it? Don't like paying interest? Don't charge stuff you cant afford.

yeah, i have a whopping three credit cards, none of which have a balance.

go suck a cock.

and if you think banks were failing because they weren't charging enough fees, you're retarded.

SunSamurai

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2005
yeah, i have a whopping three credit cards, none of which have a balance.

go suck a cock.

and if you think banks were failing because they weren't charging enough fees, you're retarded.

Going to have to agree with this.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
I was under the impression that banks wanted to get rid of credit card customers right now. I recall reading something about them needing to raise fees, increase interest rates, and cancel as many cards as possible to make up for the money they're losing.

Last edited:

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Yeah, Chase has to be one of the most consumer unfriendly credit card companies out there. That's why I use Schwab for all my CC needs.

zylander

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
I have had three Chase credit cards for about four years. Low interest rates (except for one), no annual fees and never had any problems with them.

OP - How long have you had this card?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I have had a chase card that caries a $50,000 limit....no problems with chase yet.
My BofA credit card that has a $50,000 limit has had all kinds of issues! BofA sucks!!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Funny how I always have good experience with Chase CC Dept.

I have an old Chase Visa, it is now Sapphire, no fee, I rarely use it because it doesn't have any cash back.

I also have a Freedom CC,with 5 figure CC limit, with 1% cash back on everyday items and extra 3% on top 5 categories. I have been earning plenty cold hard cash back from this card (I charge everything I could and then pay them all off before due date on this card).

Chase sucks at Savings and CD accounts (lowest rate around) but I can't complain about their CC, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I had a Chase card back in the day... It had a 29% interest rate, and when I paid off the balance I set it aside and didn't use it again. One day about a year ago I called them and asked if they would lower the rate. When they said no, I said something to the effect of "well, I guess that's why I haven't been using this card..." A couple of months later I got a notice in the mail stating that they closed the account due to inactivity. I think it's unlikely I'll ever use Chase again.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999

lol...sounds like the beginning of a dirty Mother Goose nursery rhyme.