DailyKos defections over Clinton Bashing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: glutenberg
Originally posted by: senseamp
I don't think he has a record of giving up those convictions. He just has a record of fooling a lot of Republicans into thinking he does :D

I guess we'll find out if he gets elected. I just don't think that such blatant pandering is indicative of a good President.

Well, it obviously worked on the Republicans he was trying to win over. Success is indicative of a good president. And if not, big deal. It'll be Republicans' problem if McCain blows it.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
I don't think he has a record of giving up those convictions. He just has a record of fooling a lot of Republicans into thinking he does :D

I guess we'll find out if he gets elected. I just don't think that such blatant pandering is indicative of a good President.

Well, it obviously worked on the Republicans he was trying to win over. Success is indicative of a good president. And if not, big deal. It'll be Republicans' problem if McCain blows it.

Well, it'll be our problem if he turns out to be a warhawk in disguise. I'd prefer not to have people stuck fighting in 100 year wars.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Well, it'll be our problem if he turns out to be a warhawk in disguise. I'd prefer not to have people stuck fighting in 100 year wars.

I don't think McCain was really enthusiastic about getting into Iraq in the first place. But now that we are stuck there, he wants to finish it.
Plus we don't have resources for more wars anyways, and McCain actually served in war, so he doesn't need to start one to compensate.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I don't think McCain was really enthusiastic about getting into Iraq in the first place. But now that we are stuck there, he wants to finish it.
Plus we don't have resources for more wars anyways, and McCain actually served in war, so he doesn't need to start one to compensate.

It seems like all of your electoral choices are coming from your impressions of a personality as opposed to issues. It's your right to vote that way if you want, but I think it's an exceptionally poor way to judge candidates. Personality driven politics have gotten us to where we are today.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000

Are you crazy? McCain is one of the biggest hawks in Congress. Not only was he gung-ho about going into Iraq, he's gung-ho about continuing into Iran.

How many more wars can you support?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: SViscusi
Are you crazy? McCain is one of the biggest hawks in Congress. Not only was he gung-ho about going into Iraq, he's gung-ho about continuing into Iran.
Please support that statement with a link or a direct quote of some sort.

I'm calling bullsh*t.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74

I'm calling bullsh*t.

Besides his Beach Boys reinterpretation of Barbara Ann? :)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: sirjonk

I'm calling bullsh*t.

LOL! yes, besides that...

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk

I'm calling bullsh*t.

LOL! yes, besides that...

Well he was a vociferous supporter of Kyl/Lieberman. A quick google search brings up numerous quotes of his holding the threat of Iran up with that of Hitler despite intelligence agencies downplaying Iran's true capabilities.

Face it, John McCain is a hawk and he'll always be a hawk. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but as the last few years have proven it's the wrong policy today and for someone to vote for McCain because they think he's not really a hawk is silly.