Daily Show take on John McCain

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
daily show =

hi evrebawdy my name john stewart i short lovely human funny herherher

look at me make bush impression hehehe bush is a suckedy boohoo i a stupid unfunny comedian

yappity yap fuck yap

here momemt of zen! her her her bush a i love you i rule her her her

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Small town values. :laugh:

"We have small town values, because we're trying to convince the pissants in those small towns that we really do give a damn about them, despite the fact that they're not ridiculously wealthy."

I remember some Congressman being on TDS awhile ago as a guest, and he said that he was "confident" that this year's campaigns would be different, that there wouldn't be the blatant pandering and low-brow appeals of the past. :roll:
That in itself was just pandering: "I believe you people are too smart to fall for that stupid stuff. But we'll still use it anyway, because in reality, you really are easily influenced by trite stupidity, like 'Barack Hussein Obama.'"

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: RESmonkey
daily show =

look at me make bush impression hehehe bush is a suckedy boohoo i a stupid unfunny comedian

yappity yap fuck yap

Spot on! Very well articulated! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dbk
this segment was much better
I also enjoyed the bit from Sept 3rd, featuring Karl Rove's and Bill O'Reilly's hypocrisy.

And on Palin's "qualifications," I keep hearing "she's a mom" as a qualification.
Wow, that's something shared by a vast majority of all women in history. That certainly distinguishes her from anyone else, and is certainly in no way an effort to pander to women voters, especially those who were only going to vote for Hillary because of her gender.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: jjzelinski
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

He's just butthurt because there aren't any conservative comedians, and can't wrap his little mind around the idea that something might be funny, and yet run contrary to his little values.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

Well, now that the intelligentsia of the GOP has weighed in...

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
i dont think some of you understand the point of dailyshow/colbert

yes they make fun of the GOP all the time, and they tend to be liberal-biased but they do make fun of the Democrats as well.
a few years back, they laugh at how ineffectual the democrat party was, and now, they make fun of the superego of Barack Obama and the antics of Bill Clinton.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

You know you are probably gay if you act extremely homophobic. It's a fact of life. Sort of like if a candidate says he has family values, he really means he loves being handcuffed and whipped by a man in a leather mask.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Originally posted by: LtPage1
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

He's just butthurt because there aren't any conservative comedians, and can't wrap his little mind around the idea that something might be funny, and yet run contrary to his little values.

Conservative? You haven't read my posts, have you?

I just hate john stewart's face, and how he attacks bush in everything he does.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeff7
this segment was much better
I also enjoyed the bit from Sept 3rd, featuring Karl Rove's and Bill O'Reilly's hypocrisy.

And on Palin's "qualifications," I keep hearing "she's a mom" as a qualification.
Wow, that's something shared by a vast majority of all women in history. That certainly distinguishes her from anyone else, and is certainly in no way an effort to pander to women voters, especially those who were only going to vote for Hillary because of her gender.

Of course they're pandering but I doubt that line will work on voters in Nov. Understandably, there was an initial buzz when she was selected, but once that dies off - people, mom or not, will want to know her stance on the issues. 18 million cracks will not be breaking for her, imo. /political jibba jabba

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Originally posted by: BudAshes
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

You know you are probably gay if you act extremely homophobic. It's a fact of life. Sort of like if a candidate says he has family values, he really means he loves being handcuffed and whipped by a man in a leather mask.

What is the point of this post?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

Conservatives ~ funny? Does not compute.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Originally posted by: BudAshes
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

What is the point of this post?

What is the point of any post?

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

Conservative? You haven't read my posts, have you?

I just hate john stewart's face, and how he attacks bush in everything he does.

His show gets everybody, no matter what party they're on. He can't help it if Bush just keeps giving him stuff. What about Bill Mahr?

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

You're a retard

Aug 25, 2004
The Daily Show mocked the Democrats during the DNC and the Republicans during the RNC. The main reason for more jokes on the latter is simply because they have been in power for eight years, and it's easier to make fun of whoever is in power. Jon Stewart makes fun of the system, and it doesn't matter to him which party provides the material.

With that said, what is it with all the P&N threads in OT? OP is a fucking retarded flamebaiting troll.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Of course they're pandering but I doubt that line will work on voters in Nov. Understandably, there was an initial buzz when she was selected, but once that dies off - people, mom or not, will want to know her stance on the issues. 18 million cracks will not be breaking for her, imo. /political jibba jabba
Issues? Heh, most people are focused on just one "issue" anyway, and some simply vote based on some trivial aspect of the person. "Oh wow, he likes hunting? Awesome, I'm totally voting for him." If someone is pro-union, for example, to a certain group of people, that is the ONLY issue that matters. The candidate might be viciously anti-Semitic, and be part of the Raelian Movement cult, but hey, he's pro-union, so that stuff doesn't matter.

And the big deal now is "change." Everyone's suddenly a maverick, a rebel, going against the system. Why? Because it's the in-thing right now. Approval ratings show that people are sick of the BS going on in the government right now. But of course, implementing change is difficult, and will invariably upset some people. So the easier solution is to simply slap a new label on the same old shit. Marketing departments do it all the time. "New and improved" - yes, it's new and improved because you changed the graphics on the package, or watered-down the product.

2008: Just another election year, with the same-old same-old.
"I abhor all that my candidate stands for, because doing so aids my standing among my base. Should I need his cooperation at any point in the future, also in a way that will aid my standing among my base, I will not hesitate to praise this individual."
It's like some big stage performance, and we're supposed to believe that it's all legitimate.
Bush's show was all anti-McCain during the 2000 campaign. Now it's an about-face (egad, a flip-flop?), and Bush & McCain put on the show of being good pals.
I often wonder how much of this is orchestrated ahead of time, based on probabilities of who's going to win, and when. Decide that Bush is going to be the nominee in 2000, so McCain gets pissed all over during the campaigns. 4-8 years later, when all that's been forgotten by the public, turn around and make McCain the candidate, with a shining endorsement from Bush.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Eeezee
daily show =

yappity yap fuck yap

You're a retard

You're a retard