DADT one year anniversary of the repeal

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Glad that this Clinton policy was done away with little fanfare.

Up next for the SCOTUS: The DOMA that Obama voted for....but now is against.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Glad that this Clinton policy was done away with little fanfare.

Up next for the SCOTUS: The DOMA that Obama voted for....but now is against.

Actually he did not, it was enacted in '96 and he didn't get to the senate until 2005. before that he was an Ill. state senator.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
And Fuck anyone who is anti-gay = Fuck Obama.

Obama favored repealing DADT when he ran for president, and it's quite clear that he has supported SSM all along (Here in 1998 - http://reason.com/archives/2012/05/09/the-marriage-whose-name-he-dare-not-spea)

It's become quite clear that the only reason Obama ever paid any lip service to the idea of calling gay marriage "civil unions" during his election campaign was to quell the fears of bible thumping bigots and the vast majority of religious conservitards.

Thankfully those people no longer hold the view of the majority. And fuck you for making such a stupid fucking argument - more proof that you are just an empty headed partican hack.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Obama favored repealing DADT when he ran for president, and it's quite clear that he has supported SSM all along (Here in 1998 - http://reason.com/archives/2012/05/09/the-marriage-whose-name-he-dare-not-spea)

It's become quite clear that the only reason Obama ever paid any lip service to the idea of calling gay marriage "civil unions" during his election campaign was to quell the fears of bible thumping bigots and the vast majority of religious conservitards.

Thankfully those people no longer hold the view of the majority. And fuck you for making such a stupid fucking argument.

Oh bullshit, Obama is anti-gay and only changed his stance on it to further his political career.

Obama from OCTOBER 2004 well before his Presidential Campaign: “What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … What I believe, in my faith, is that a man and a woman, when they get married, are performing something before God, and it’s not simply the two persons who are meeting,” then-U.S. Senate candidate Obama said in an interview with WTTW Chicago public television.

Get pissy all you want but your Mesiah is an anti-gay Bigot.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Oh bullshit, Obama is anti-gay and only changed his stance on it to further his political career.

Obama from OCTOBER 2004: “What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … What I believe, in my faith, is that a man and a woman, when they get married, are performing something before God, and it’s not simply the two persons who are meeting,” then-U.S. Senate candidate Obama said in an interview with WTTW Chicago public television.

From my link: 1996 -Barack Obama - "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages," Barack Obama told a gay newspaper while seeking his first term as an Illinois state senator in 1996, "and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

Please shut the fuck up.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yes, the President that repealed DADT is anti-gay. Up is down and left is right. Jesus, are people really this intertwined with their "team"??? FFS, get help.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
From my link: 1996 -Barack Obama - "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages," Barack Obama told a gay newspaper while seeking his first term as an Illinois state senator in 1996, "and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

Please shut the fuck up.

So he's a flip-flopping bigot. YOU STFU.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Yes, the President that repealed DADT is anti-gay. Up is down and left is right. Jesus, are people really this intertwined with their "team"??? FFS, get help.

Yeah that was a LOL WUT? moment...doublespeak at its finest.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I realize, Matt1970, that you have to make this into an anti-Obama thing in spite of the fact that he's the one who sought and approved the repeal of DADT... but really, try to be less transparent in your diversion. Being less obvious in your partisanship would be good, too.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
So he's a flip-flopping bigot. YOU STFU.

Actions speak louder than words - keep saying it all you want...but when the rubber hits the road, Obama has proven legislatively that he supports gay rights.

Back to your cave.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010

Obama from OCTOBER 2004 well before his Presidential Campaign: “What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … What I believe, in my faith, is that a man and a woman, when they get married, are performing something before God, and it’s not simply the two persons who are meeting,” then-U.S. Senate candidate Obama said in an interview with WTTW Chicago public television.

Get pissy all you want but your Mesiah is an anti-gay Bigot.

He's allowed to feel personally uncomfortable about people being gay, as long as he doesn't bring that into his legislation. He hasn't. That's like saying I have to like marijuana in order to approve of legalizing it. I hate the stuff, but I also don't think it's worth imprisoning people for doing something I find unpleasant. If the president is weirded out by two men or two women kissing, that's his problem. If he encourages legislation based on that feeling, then I have a problem with him.

Also, I sense you have some anger issues. You might want to go have that looked at.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Actions speak louder than words - keep saying it all you want...but when the rubber hits the road, Obama has proven legislatively that he supports gay rights.

Back to your cave.

Excellent, him signing a piece of paper makes up for a lifetime of being a bigot.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
He's allowed to feel personally uncomfortable about people being gay, as long as he doesn't bring that into his legislation. He hasn't. That's like saying I have to like marijuana in order to approve of legalizing it. I hate the stuff, but I also don't think it's worth imprisoning people for doing something I find unpleasant. If the president is weirded out by two men or two women kissing, that's his problem. If he encourages legislation based on that feeling, then I have a problem with him.

This +1. I don't know why this concept seems to whoosh over so many people's heads.