Dad disowns his gay son in handwritten letter

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
http://www.advocate.com/society/com...ng-letter-father-disowning-gay-son-goes-viral

LETTER_LEADX400.jpg

"If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand."

What an asshole of a father.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
the son should write i love you letters to his dad every single year on his dads birthday. and always include a pic of him with his boyfriend hugging it out.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
And that is why we invented computers, to make !@#$ legible.

i can barely write anymore. really. i was bad at it in school, always messy as hell... but now when i try to write its like im using my left hand. i wouldnt be surprised in another couple decades ill be holding a pencil like a first grader again :D

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If there is indeed a Christian god there there's got to be a lot of disappointed "Christians" at ye old pearly gates who find out their travel plans have been booked differently then they thought.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
It takes a lot of courage to take that firm of a stand against homosexuality nowadays. Though I wouldn't disown my son if he were gay, I'd distance myself from his lifestyle, but still love him and be there if he needed me.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It takes a lot of courage to take that firm of a stand against homosexuality nowadays. Though I wouldn't disown my son if he were gay, I'd distance myself from his lifestyle, but still love him and be there if he needed me.

The dad who wrote that letter is anything but courageous. He's a coward.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It certainly takes something to think a fairy tale is more important than your own son, but I wouldn't call it courage.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
]It takes a lot of courage to take that firm of a stand against homosexuality nowadays.[/B] Though I wouldn't disown my son if he were gay, I'd distance myself from his lifestyle, but still love him and be there if he needed me.
Nah, just a prick of a father.

Edit: Confirmation that it's real?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Why is this father wrong in what he did? It was his, the father's, choice and I am assuming it was not easy for him.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Why is this father wrong in what he did? It was his, the father's, choice and I am assuming it was not easy for him.

Do you think being gay is a valid and acceptable reason for a parent to disown their child(ren)?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Can't assume that he's not just a prick. The wife, the counselor, regularly pisses me off with stories of what parents do/have done to their children.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Very sad. I'm about to have a son myself, and I can honestly say I'd be exactly as proud of him whether he's gay or straight. I can only hope that his orientation won't be ridiculed and chastised in school as we become more accepting and civilized as a country.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

The father chose his belief system over his son. He's a despicable person and I won't shed a tear for him or any other parent who would disown their children because of their children's sexual orientation.

Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

The father chose to make it difficult for himself, let him deal with the consequences.

And he doesn't have the right to speak for the other family members or friends in his letter; it's quite possible they don't share his feelings (or faith).

Nov 30, 2006
Blah blah - one more useless post to add to the thousands of useless post you've made.
Just trying to put things into perspective. Sorry that you don't appreciate my posts. Perhaps you should consider putting me on ignore.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I knew there would be a couple of asshole who'd defend this guy and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that a777troll is one of them.