D2OL Welcomes TA_Artemedes, TA_kadajawi and TA_Night201

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
Welcome to the TeAm TA_Artemedes, TA_kadajawi and TA_Night201. You are joing the best TeAm going right now.

Thanks for helping us crush some cows by '03.

And as a reminder to everyone, there is a standing offer from the D2OL team to recipricate some CPU time in '03 for helping us reach our goal over the next few weeks.

Slatz

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Wow! Welcome to the Team! :D Great to have you aboard! Thanks for joining us on the drive to number one, only a few weeks off! W00T! :D

artemedes

Nov 3, 1999
Thanks.

After the client had been running for a couple of hours I went to my D2OL home page to check my stats. Now it says that
I am not a member of any team and when I try to re-join it tells me that the team isn't found. Should I just wait until tomorow
and join again after I get some numbers up? Is this common for their website or system to kick people off of teams?

Thanks again.

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
artemedes...sengent is still working through some stats server issues. Recently they separated the stats server and results server so all the results you are sending in are being counted.

The stats issues correct themselves when someone at Sengent resets the server, which they can do remotely on the weekend if they are paying attention.

But to answer your question, you do not need to rejoin the team or anything like that, we will all magically show back up when they reset the server.

Thanks for crunchin

Slatz

edit, just checked the D2Ol site and you are still there artemedes as of the 11:27 est update showing 3 candidates completed.

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
yeah, even if its only a temporary one for the moment :) Maybe when I get more boxes... or maybe I let my old box work on D2OL as the WU size is tiny :) We'll see :) The only problem is 64 MB RAM on that box :-/

Hehe, had the same problems with Sengents website too :)

But one question... the "total processed" info... it simply jumps around. Was like 1, 2, 0, 1... huh??? I thought it simply counts the total of completed WUs (or candidates)

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
kadajawi if you are shutting down the agent or rebooting the agent will start all over again with a new candidate. If you have to shut down wait till it sends up the result and downloads the next candidate. The server has check points and will reset your counter on the agent to the current count. It will catch up to the correct total during the day. Also dont pause the agent. If you have to stop it just exit completely or it will start getting doubles in the conformer list and skew your results.

You may want to read the posts on the Sengent forums for lots of good tips and explanations. The stats servers are nots the most reliable but they usually will catch up to a proper count due to the separate remote results servers. They had a serious problem even with that last week but they replaced the memory on the server to correct it.

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
i c, no pausing... heh, why do they implement that feature than? :D On RC5-64 it worked perfectly :-/ nm, so just let it run 24h... ok :)

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: kadajawi
i c, no pausing... heh, why do they implement that feature than? :D On RC5-64 it worked perfectly :-/ nm, so just let it run 24h... ok :)

Look at the bottom of each post in this thread and you will see a "bottom" button. Clik on it on any thread or post.. and you will see it doesnt work. Somethings just have to be worked out in every software application.

Edit.. I just checked and the stats servers are definitely out of sync. Just got an update from 0409 AM.