D-Link DAP-1522 Wireless N Access Point

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I have a pair of these quirky little access points that I've flashed to the latest firmware (HW rev A, 1.42) but I'm still having an issue that just seems to keep coming up...

I can connect basically any wireless enabled device to either AP without issue but one of them, though the settings are all the same on both, causes internet access to become slow or even stall completely at times. I've seen a few different notifications such as "No Internet Access" on the taskbar or "DNS could not resolve" in a web browser etc. Since both units are assigned static IP addresses from my router I can't figure out why it does this.

I can fix it by rebooting the AP from the web console or just unplugging it but that's not really a solution, per say. WPS is also disabled on each AP as has been suggested by a few colleagues but it still comes back eventually.

Any ideas? The AP's aren't for heavy network traffic or anything so replacing them is a last resort.

This is the manual for it --> D-Link DAP-1522

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
You know each access point should have it's own IP address and can't be the same, right?

And you uplink them to the main router using cables (AP mode) or wirelessly (Bridge mode)?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
AFAIK the D-Link DAP-1522 are Wireless Bridges (Not Access Point).

I.e., they should connect to a Wireless Router/Access Point and then provide the capacity to connect computers to them via Ethernet cables.

So please be a little more specific about your needs and how you configured your Network.

:cool: