D²OL: Anyone having connection problems?

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
Cant get the D²OL website, nor can the client connect.

Anyone else having problems?

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah... can't get to the forums either. I had a few stuck candidates this morning, and several queues are not filling. This usually gets resolved quickly once someone notices it...

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Hope it's fixed soon, I've sent a -18.03 SARS candidate back and I'm waiting to see what happens to it after the -17.22 and -14.04 disappeared without trace :|
Of course, that's only if the best score is still around -15 :D

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
Well a few minutes ago IE was able to at least get some of the header information from the homepage but that was it, didn't finish loading the page.

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
oh, it connected and got a grand total of....... 1 candidate and none uploaded.

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: andyjones
Hope it's fixed soon, I've sent a -18.03 SARS candidate back and I'm waiting to see what happens to it after the -17.22 and -14.04 disappeared without trace :|
Of course, that's only if the best score is still around -15 :D

There is some sign of life. Top drug candidates is up and my node 455 with -18.03 is at #1 Woo Hoo !! :D:D (for now, anyway)

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Possible reason for the connection problems
After umpteen attempts at the forum, success !!

"All,

An article about the D2OL project was posted on Slashdot.com yesterday and we have been slashdotted as a result! There were an unprecedented number of client downloads yesterday and so far today we are on pace to have even more.

This traffic has made the website and the forums very hard to get to. I am in the process now of setting up a download mirror to relieve this problem. During this time the project has continued to run and all of your clients should have been receiving candidates. If you have noticed continued problems please let me know.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of our new users to our forums and let you all know that we are very excited about this chance to really get the D2OL project going at full speed. If you have any questions I encourage you to search though our forums here for answers and if you cannot find them in any of our archived posts, feel free to post them. We have a very helpful and knowledgeable community here and I'm sure they will welcome the chance to help out new members. Also, please feel free to send me an email at support@senegnt.com with any questions or comments you might have.

Ken"

I found this

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I guess we could tell him we are having problems if we could actually load the damned page.

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Screw it, Im shutting them all down when I get home. Not one cand complete since early this morning. With the new members all crashing the site no telling how long it will be before we see normal service.

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Just noticed on the front page (when I eventually got through)
"The D2OL Project is currently hosted by The Rothberg Institute "
Wonder what's up with Sengent ?

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Well after painstakingly removing some bad cands and restarting nodes and machines I think I finally have 8 nodes crunching. Still downloading new cands very slow but working. Hope all I do manage to get are not going to get stuck.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I'm having a problem with the client just halting between cands. DSpy says I don't have any bad cands. So I can't tell what's wrong. :(

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Ken_g6
I'm having a problem with the client just halting between cands. DSpy says I don't have any bad cands. So I can't tell what's wrong. :(

I just keep purging them.. they are bad cands and Ken is/was working on it.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I haven't had any problems connecting(that I'm aware of), but I have had an inordinately high number of bad cands on the machines that I do have running the client.. DSpy has even helped to identify most of them, thank goodness.

I should mention that my production is a low right now, 'cuz my 24port switch was needed over the weekend for a local LAN party that I attended, and after getting back(really late), I didn't hook it up again until Sunday afternoon. Even then, I decided I wanted to clean and re-organize "the basement", so it's gonna be a little while before most of the fleet is back up to speed.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Their site is down again, and I can't flush or fetch work this morning. :(

The Reaper

Oct 25, 1999
I'm having connection problems for D2OL and TSC. Also I have alot of bad cands for again, D2OL and TSC. :disgust:

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
From Ken:
All,

Due to an overwhelming amount of downloads our network is slowing down to a crawl. We are taking steps to correct this and have more and better hardware on the way which should be delivered today.

Until that is up and running, we are requesting any users who are able to give us a hand with mirroring the downloads of our installers. We have one set up already and we are in the process of setting up more but we still need volunteers. If you would be able to help us out and mirror the download for one or more of our installers please email me directly at kweilbacher@childhooddiseases.org.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Ken

--------------------
Ken Weilbacher

Application Support
kweilbacher@sengent.com