Cyst keeps coming back!!! how to keep away??

EnragedPC

Banned
Jul 27, 2000
I have a Cyst on my forehead...right in the center...and i had a minor operation to remove it and it went away but came back...then i had another operation to remove it and it went away and CAME BACK AGAIN!!...how the hell can i get rid of it and keep it away?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Yuck. If your doctor can't determine what's causing it, you might be SOL.....

SonicTron

Oct 20, 2001
A cyst, as in one that is created by parasitic organisms or one that has appeared for no known reason? If its a parasitic cyst, your doctor needs to remove it as well as prescribe you treatments to kill the parasites.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000

<< if u cant give a helpful answer then why post at all? >>

I'm going for Golden member status, lol.

Sorry for the bad humor. Didn't mean to make light of your situation - I just couldn't resist.

I'd take the cyst over fat and balding any day!

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< A cyst, as in one that is created by parasitic organisms or one that has appeared for no known reason? If its a parasitic cyst, your doctor needs to remove it as well as prescribe you treatments to kill the parasites. >>

WTF MAN! You trying to scare everybody with thoughts of parasitic cysts?! Unless he was swimming in the amazon jungle, it's not likely to be freaking parasites.

Most cysts are just filled with fluid, it's not real pleasant fluid, but it's harmless. Some acne is cystic, and can be treated a number of ways with antibiotics, or surgery for more severe cases. Unfortunately they can come back. Try applying some hot compresses to the area every night (hot towel will do), but not to hot. Also, some astrigent can be helpful. Apply it with cotton ball. Go to a dermatologist if you haven't already.

Fangorn

Feb 27, 2001
Where on your forehead is it, midforehead? brow? central? lateral/temporal? What type of excision was done? Simple? Needle aspiration?
I'm a senior resident in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery), and we deal with a lot of cosmetic and facial surgery as well. PM me if you want to talk more.

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Otolaryngology... ooh.. of course, good ole' Otolaryngology! Nice to know we have a medical professional around :)

*feels dumb*