Cyberpowerpc configuration advice

thegnome54

May 18, 2013
Hey guys,

I've wanted to build my own PC for a while, but it's looking like cyberpowerpc can supply me a prebuilt one for cheaper than the individual parts would otherwise cost me. I know they have a lot of bad reviews for slow/incompetent service, but I'm not in a hurry and I'm just looking to eventually receive a budget, high-performing gaming/video editing pc that I can upgrade down the line.

I went through and set up a possible configuration, and it would be awesome if you could let me know what you think. Do the parts make sense together, and do you think I could ever do better for cheaper on my own?

Here's the configuration: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1F48ER

Details about my goals:
1. Used for gaming, video editing. Main personal computer.
2. My budget is around $1000, sort of flexible.
3. I'm currently in Switzerland, but I would order it to ship to the US, and pay with a US credit card. By the way, does anyone know how that works? Can I just order as if I was in the US? Does it matter that I'm not? Should I have family in the US order it? Kind of a weird situation.
5. No brand preference, just want it to work.
6. I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse.
7. No overclocking.
8. I'm not actually sure what res my monitor is... I think 1920x1080?
9. I'm not in a hurry, I'd like it in the next few months.

Thanks so much for any input!

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Just to be clear, that is not cheaper than it would be to build your own, but that's ok if you prefer to have something built for you with a warranty. The total cost of the parts on that system would be about $1000. I don't think much of that case - I certainly wouldn't choose it to build in, as it's probably not the best-designed, but they're building it for you. If you like the style that's probably good enough.

Last edited:

Sleepingforest

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2012
If you don't want an overclock, you can go with the cheaper non-K i5-3570. Furthermore, you don't need an SLI or CFX capable motherboard, or even a Z77 motherboard, so look for a cheaper one that is H77 or B75. You should put those savings into the graphics card.

You can get a slightly better build than that for around $1000 as well if you self-build a fully custom PC.

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
$1050 for a machine with an i5 3570K, Z77 motherboard, 8GB RAM, 7870, 128GB SSD, 1TB SSD, and Windows 7 sounds about right. Cyberpower is probably making $50 off you.

As to your question about ordering: no, they don't care about where you're physically sitting when you make the order, only that it is shipping to the US and being paid for with US funds. Some fraud-prevention software may flag the order for additional verification, but what you're doing is legit in principle.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
If you don't want an overclock, you can go with the cheaper non-K i5-3570. Furthermore, you don't need an SLI or CFX capable motherboard, or even a Z77 motherboard, so look for a cheaper one that is H77 or B75. You should put those savings into the graphics card.

This is good advice. Since warranty service will be impossible to get, I recommend a stock speed Intel chip, and a stock speed graphics card. No overclocking of either one.