CV question?

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
I am working on my CV to apply for my H1-B visa and need to make sure I show why I am worth it I guess.
How much details do I go into, I don't think the immigration person reading my CV will have any technical background.
So I am typing and feel like they won't understand ... how much technical details do you go into in your CV?

Another silly question perhaps:

If I serve as a 'middle man" between Firmware, Hardware and software. I make sure integrations goes smoothly, I test things, I propose changes ... I am responsible for the overall design functionality I guess, but I report to my boss. I don't make any serious decisions really . I don't think that the word manging is correct because I am not a manager, and everyone else has more experience than me.
We have contractors that do most of the work, but I am still responsible of making sure things are working properly. I explain things to everyone else involved in the project, I can comfortably say that I know the most about the whole project, but not necessarily all the details. I know details of the parts I am involved with I guess(PCB and Application design and dev).
What word better describes this?
maybe 'managed hw/sw system integration' ?

any professional input will be good at this point.

Thanks

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Just re-read your post. If it's being read by an immigration official, I'd not go into much technical detail because they won't understand it. List your degree, job history, any professional certifications, and a brief description of your position - you do functional design and testing; manage hardware/software/firmware integration, and support IT development projects.