Cutting & Pasting many youtube tags...How To?

Compman55

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2010
I like to reasearch & think about tags to add to my youtube videos, so I type them into a word / notepad document. How do I then paste them into my video? It does not seem to take when I press the save button.

I also notice after each tag I type, youtube adds a box around it like it saves it seperate from the other tags.

Is there a method to copy & paste my tags?

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
I'm sure I speak for quite a few out there when I say, "Youtube videos have tags?"

Compman55

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2010
"Though tags don't appear on the video page, anyone who uploads should keep adding them to your videos. Tags are still used to aid the discoverability of your videos like they have before, the only difference now is that they don't appear on the video page."

It is a bummer they no longer show these on the video when playing. However my videos are dealing with a B-17 aircraft. If you type in all the tag relating to this aircraft it will help to my the video appear on a search. If you put somthing stupid in the tags like "Justin" "Bieber" even though it has nothing to do with a B-17 aircraft, the video can appear on searches when people are tyring to find his videos. So they are needed to make my videos discoverable.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Supposedly if you put focus in the input box, ctrl-a (select all) followed by ctrl-c should copy them in a way that you can transfer them, then ctrl-v in that box on the other video. I have no way to test it, so maybe they've changed since whoever wrote that did so.