Custom Portal Maps?

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I played portal and enjoyed it very much. It was too short, but can't complain. It seems to me like Portal is the kinda game that lends itself to user development. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find tons of custom Portal maps, but I didn't find much. There's gotta be lots of user-created Portal missions out there though, right? There's so many different puzzles that could be made with Portal.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
I dont think they have released the level editor yet..but they said they would. So the answer is...eventually.

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
I've played quite a few custom maps for Portal so far, and some of them are actually very well made. Try browsing through this list.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Why wouldn't they have released the level editor by now? Ah well, guess I can wait.

That's a big list Dimmu, which ones did you enjoy most?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: ropeadope
Why wouldn't they have released the level editor by now? Ah well, guess I can wait.

That's a big list Dimmu, which ones did you enjoy most?
Yeah that's pretty cool, nice list. I've been wondering the same thing as the OP in regards to custom maps.

I'd be interested to hear a few of your favorites, too, Dimmu.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
nice I loved Portal. I was wondering when there were going to be some 3rd party maps.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
The SDK is definitely out. Been out for awhile, actually.