Custom Gaming PC build

Bala592

Aug 12, 2016
Hello,

Am looking forward to build a gaming PC with the budget $500. Am new to PC build. Please help me and share your best configuration for the budget.

Bala592

Aug 12, 2016
Up to my knowledge, I have selected some components:
CPU: AMD FX 6300/ PENTIUM G3258/ ATHLON X 860K/ I3 6100
MOBO: MSI Z97 PC MATE/ MSI 990FX
GPU: R7 260X, GTX750TI

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Get the i3. But then you need an LGA1151 motherboard. Look for boards with the B150 or H170 chipset.

Reactions: Bala592

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
$500 will be touch with an I3; don't forget to factor in ram, disk, monitor, case and psu. Not sure what to suggest; to be honest at the $500 price point you might be better off with a dell or hp. You will need an I3 if you go with a decent GPU. The thing is that these prebuilt systems can be a bit cheaper than the individual components if you build your own system; where they suffer is high end customization but $500 is not going to get you a high end system. Now if you want to a system limited to the processor GPU you can build a decent system for under $500; esp with the Petinum you can build something nice for $350 - esp with if you go with ddr3; but those system aren't really game system. They can play some older games - esp rpg - that are not graphic intensive.
-
Perhaps you should give a better description of what you consider a 'gaming pc'.

Bala592

Aug 12, 2016
$500 will be touch with an I3; don't forget to factor in ram, disk, monitor, case and psu. Not sure what to suggest; to be honest at the $500 price point you might be better off with a dell or hp. You will need an I3 if you go with a decent GPU. The thing is that these prebuilt systems can be a bit cheaper than the individual components if you build your own system; where they suffer is high end customization but $500 is not going to get you a high end system. Now if you want to a system limited to the processor GPU you can build a decent system for under $500; esp with the Petinum you can build something nice for $350 - esp with if you go with ddr3; but those system aren't really game system. They can play some older games - esp rpg - that are not graphic intensive.
-
Perhaps you should give a better description of what you consider a 'gaming pc'.
Thanks for your detailed message. Anyway I came through lot of forums that gaming pc can be built with that budget in mind. Hopefully i can make one like a console.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

Or better yet they should get this moved to 'general hardware' and read the two stickies specifically there for people with a 'build my computer' threads. In fact, Ken g6 has a $500 recommended build listed in the very first sticky thread at the top.

Last edited: