Curved monitor question

Asingo

Sep 3, 2017
I was told by some people that on curved monitor will be a problem to draw a flat straight line, that will be weird to work in paint or exel. Is that true (curve is 1800R)?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
you can still draw straight lines but the curve in the monitor, depending on where you're looking from, may cause the illusion of a slightly curved line. If you are looking at the screen as perpendicular as possible then this shouldn't really be an issue.

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
Personally, I wouldn't use a curved monitor for anything outside of gaming, there is no getting around the fact that you are viewing a distorted image. However, the human eye/brain connection is a beautiful thing. You will adapt quickly to the curvature. You can always connect a second flat display to double check your work until you feel comfortable enough to trust it.

To be clear, I'm not recommending against the idea, just trying to be realistic. Try it and see how you like it.

Asingo

Sep 3, 2017
I think I will risk it with Samsung c27f591. I want VA panel and I can`t find quality flat panel in that price range.

I was thinking to buy Benq EW2775ZH but I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5NHNHX1lk

I understand that every VA panel has this problems but user in comments says that it is less noticable in personal than on mobile phone camera.
Curved samsung has this problem way less than that benq.