Curse you Left 4 Dead!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
Originally posted by: Frodolives
About getting trapped in the safe room as infected, there's a death command you can use in console. I think it's just "death", maybe someone here knows it or isn't too lazy to look it up, as I am right now :)

Pretty sure the commands have been blocked ever since the latest patch thanks to the griefers.

Yeah, i think the command was "kill". People could just join a team that had an AI player and kill it then switch back to their own team, leaving them 1 AI down and if someone joined to take the AI's place they wouldnt spawn because the AI was dead.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Maximilian
About getting trapped in the safe room as infected, there's a death command you can use in console. I think it's just "death", maybe someone here knows it or isn't too lazy to look it up, as I am right now :)

Pretty sure the commands have been blocked ever since the latest patch thanks to the griefers.

Yeah, i think the command was "kill". People could just join a team that had an AI player and kill it then switch back to their own team, leaving them 1 AI down and if someone joined to take the AI's place they wouldnt spawn because the AI was dead.

I remember that, I just took their 'infected' spot and forced them to be on the team in which they killed the AI. Now that was funny.

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Make sure you guys join the AT L4D group.

This might be a dumb question but how do I do that?

And to the others, making a list of your names today will try to add you as friends when I get home tonight.

Someone mentioned competitive leagues, how does one go about in joining that? Are there guilds or clans in L4D, I might be interested in joining one.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
rpkelly5345 - I just recently started playing vs. Its a lot of fun but REALLY can annoy you.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by: gregoryvg

And to the others, making a list of your names today will try to add you as friends when I get home tonight.

Someone mentioned competitive leagues, how does one go about in joining that? Are there guilds or clans in L4D, I might be interested in joining one.

+2

Anyone know this?

Thx...

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Group is here and you can join from there.

KT

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

Joined, and re-downloading L4D. I wounder if anyone had DoWII as well?

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005

KT

You're gonna think I am a complete idiot.

When I hit "Join This Group" on the page you sent me, the page just refreshes. WTF? Where do I enter my profile name?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Rakewell

KT

When I hit "Join This Group" on the page you sent me, the page just refreshes. WTF? Where do I enter my profile name?

Are you signed in? You need to login (look in the top right-hand corner).

KT

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Rakewell

KT

Are you signed in? You need to login (look in the top right-hand corner).

KT

I was signed in at work. Weird. It works at home, though.

See you out there.

Cheers.

Rakewell

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
Originally posted by: DeePee
Originally posted by: Xcobra
guys add me, so fucking sick of playing with people i don't know nor have mics..

mindcrime69

steam cant find you...:confused: Im in as I'm_le_tired :D

couldn't find you either..

my email is derrickfperry@gmail.com try adding that.

Derrick, I cut and pasted your email in and it couldn't find you.

You can try me under my log in name of (surprise) gregoryvg.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Originally posted by: Maximilian

I remember that, I just took their 'infected' spot and forced them to be on the team in which they killed the AI. Now that was funny.

I would do this in friends only games just for giggles and could switch fast enough (keybinds/macros) that you wouldn't know what hit you before you could steal my spot.

Valve has since fixed both problems though, you can only switch teams once and can no longer suicide as a big problem pre patch was players killing themselves before rage quitting.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Xcobra
guys add me, so fucking sick of playing with people i don't know nor have mics..

mindcrime69

steam cant find you...:confused: Im in as "I'm_le_tired"

Hmm, I couldnt find you under that name either. You can try me also as gregoryvg or my email gregoryvg@yahoo.com

Really? I just typed it in and it found me.

EDIT: will add the rest of you later as I'm out of town.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
I pre-ordered L4D on Steam and played it A LOT the first month it was out. Then I took a few weeks off, played through Fable 2 and finished off Fallout 3, started Dead Space, then this past weekend, I loaded up L4D again and started playing. I don't know if anyone's told you, but L4D is awesome!

It's probably the most fun you can have just picking up a game with 3 strangers and seeing what happens. It's alright playing with friends, but after awhile, you know exactly what they're going to do and how they're going to handle any given situation, but with strangers, anything can happen, and it's usually more fun to lose than to win. People in general dunno wtf they're doing, not that I do, but some people, yeah, they REALLY don't know.

This weekend, 2 of us got whacked on expert and me and this other guy were going through, and he spooked the witch, so I just stood there and didn't do anything cause I was a 1 HP and seeing B&W. So the witch killed him and ran off, and when I couldn't hear her anymore, I start moving again, opened a door, and right outside the door a Boomer head butted me or clawed me or something, and I just died. It was hilarious, all that work playing it safe, and a Boomer kills me without even trying.

That's the kind of thing I love about L4D, it's never predictable, and anyone who says it is sure as hell isn't playing on expert!