Current laptop owners, I have some questions.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pukemon

Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: AmigaMan
I don't know that the Intel GMA can do 3d, can it? If I were you, i'd choose something that has a dedicated GPU, perhaps an Inspiron 6000 or a lower-end thinkpad. You could probably pick up a decent Inspiron 9200 from Ebay (or I could sell you mine ;)

The GMA900's 3D capabilites are such that it can play really old (from around 1999-2000) 3D games like Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament well.

Slower paced (non-FPS) games like Warcraft 3 are playable as are older EA Sports games.

Newer games (particularly FPS) from the past 2 years, don't even bother.

RedBeard

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: pukemon
Originally posted by: AmigaMan
I don't know that the Intel GMA can do 3d, can it? If I were you, i'd choose something that has a dedicated GPU, perhaps an Inspiron 6000 or a lower-end thinkpad. You could probably pick up a decent Inspiron 9200 from Ebay (or I could sell you mine ;)

The GMA900's 3D capabilites are such that it can play really old (from around 1999-2000) 3D games like Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament well.

Slower paced (non-FPS) games like Warcraft 3 are playable as are older EA Sports games.

Newer games (particularly FPS) from the past 2 years, don't even bother.

It does play World of Warcraft though....