current Boston mayor takes most dangerous platform ever taken by Boston mayor.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Whatever the merits of these proposed reforms, saying a 500 year old problem is all the sudden a "public health crisis" after all this time is rhetorical idiocy. He's pandering for black and liberal votes, just like the Minneapolis City Council.

If you've got good reforms, announce the reforms. Stop preening like a peacock to the public.
You look at the country today and you don't see a public health crisis? The roots of the problem may have been there for hundreds of years, but it shouldn't even be a question that the symptoms are at crisis levels right now.

Just because a person has been obese for years doesn't mean his heart attack isn't a crisis.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You look at the country today and you don't see a public health crisis? The roots of the problem may have been there for hundreds of years, but it shouldn't even be a question that the symptoms are at crisis levels right now.

Just because a person has been obese for years doesn't mean his heart attack isn't a crisis.

Are the symptoms at "crisis level" right now or is it perceived that way because police have body cams and everyone has a phone? I highly doubt that police violence toward African Americans wasn't actually worse during the Jim Crow era than it is now. For certain, there is no reason to assume it was any better.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Man, I thought maybe he'd predicted Tampa Bay winning the Super Bowl or something.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Are the symptoms at "crisis level" right now or is it perceived that way because police have body cams and everyone has a phone? I highly doubt that police violence toward African Americans wasn't actually worse during the Jim Crow era than it is now. For certain, there is no reason to assume it was any better.
Just because it was at crisis levels before doesn't mean that it can't be now as well. And the primary symptom I'm referring to isn't police violence. The symptom is the anger towards police violence. Yes, body cams and phones are promoting that, but that doesn't change that society right now is at a boiling point in regards to racism and police brutality.