Curious, why did WH replace Robert Gibbs with Jay Carney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I didn't see anything relevant when I skimmed both their Wikipedia pages. Did Gibbs want to move on? Does Carney have some specific experience that's more-valuable to the WH?

...did Gibbs say something wrong?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't know about this, but any kind of WH job (or really any highly visible admin job) is almost always high-stress, with very long hours, and has a high burn-out rate.

It's not uncommon for staff to leave as they get burned out or worn out. Don't know if that is why in this case, but it certainly could be.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know about this, but any kind of WH job (or really any highly visible admin job) is almost always high-stress, with very long hours, and has a high burn-out rate.

It's not uncommon for staff to leave as they get burned out or worn out. Don't know if that is why in this case, but it certainly could be.

This, off the top of my head. Gibbs was involved since at least 2007 and had paid his dues. There was no specific incident and it was not unusual for him to have left when he did.

ElMonoDelMar

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2004
I thought it was made pretty clear when he stepped down that he did so to work for the campaign.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Because they wanted to piss me off. Im not exactly sure why, but for some reason I want to break Jay Carneys face. I dont have anything against him personally, I just dont like him. Same with john travolta and his STUPID eyebrows.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Because they wanted to piss me off. Im not exactly sure why, but for some reason I want to break Jay Carneys face. I dont have anything against him personally, I just dont like him. Same with john travolta and his STUPID eyebrows.

Curious. What is your opinion on Brendan Fraser?

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
Carney will be Obama's last spokesperson and everyone knows the last lier lies best

Status
Not open for further replies.