Cuban doctors head to Italy battle coronavirus

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Are we supposed to condemn these people? It seems to me they are good world citizens.

Definitely not! Not everyone in Cuba supports the regime, and even if they do... if they want to be kind, selfless people, let them.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
No Government has 100% Support. Those that do are lying about it. It's time to Live and Let Live in regards to Cuba.

Reactions: jman19

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Cuba enemy because our dictator overthrown!

Cuba enemy because they don't do what we say!

#KeepAmericaGreat

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Actually that has been the one good thing about the Cuban regime. Castro set up the medical system so that there were plenty of doctors and support staff. They may not be the best trained-I doubt anyone flies to Cuba for a tough heart operation, cancer therapy, etc. but their system is designed to handle the "everyday" stuff quickly and at minimal cost. They have been sending medical teams to third world countries for decades.

Heck, even Putin is cashing in on good publicity by offering to help out Italy.

Reactions: WelshBloke

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Actually that has been the one good thing about the Cuban regime. Castro set up the medical system so that there were plenty of doctors and support staff. They may not be the best trained-I doubt anyone flies to Cuba for a tough heart operation, cancer therapy, etc. but their system is designed to handle the "everyday" stuff quickly and at minimal cost. They have been sending medical teams to third world countries for decades.

they are good at those things. don't believe a capitalist that tells you they arent.

Researchers with Cuba’s Center for Molecular Immunology have developed and approved an immunologic cancer therapy that improves survivability for certain types of cancers in some cases; as of January 2017, the drug has begun clinical trials for the treatment in the United States.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

They have a pretty well trained medical system.
I'd rather be poor in Cuba than the USA if I had poor health.