CS:S, is Dust 2 a CT sided or T sided map?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Provenone
Originally posted by: NaOH
From a scrim standpoint, it is a CT sided map.

I disagree, i feel that in a pub its much easier to be CT but from an organized standpoint i feel its a T sided map. for one you have 3/4's of the map on your spawn side. and for two you have more fake/rotation's/kill points available to you because of how much of the map is on the T side. (Cutting the map at Mid DD)

Having 3/4 of the map is useless when T's HAVE to come to CTs. Who, if well organized will have both bombsites covered and a spotter in the middle.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
neither if you don't suck.

when I played CEVO and CAL, we used to destroy T or CT, depends how we were playing, or who we were playing with, or who we were playing against. A lot of factors involved...in a pub/pug, the retards always lose, so that will be the side that sucks.

Provenone

Feb 2, 2009
Originally posted by: Provenone
From a scrim standpoint, it is a CT sided map.

I disagree, i feel that in a pub its much easier to be CT but from an organized standpoint i feel its a T sided map. for one you have 3/4's of the map on your spawn side. and for two you have more fake/rotation's/kill points available to you because of how much of the map is on the T side. (Cutting the map at Mid DD)

Having 3/4 of the map is useless when T's HAVE to come to CTs. Who, if well organized will have both bombsites covered and a spotter in the middle.

true they have to come to the ct's but they have an advantage with more map. (ie fakes and stuff along that nature) as i said in the beginning, ct > in pub, t > in organized fashion.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I can't believe so many people still play this shitty game. I mean, really. The hit boxes are so messed up that it's nowhere near "fun" to play at this point. I get sucked in every now and again and every time I just shut it down shaking my head. There's no way you can jump shoot with a sniper rifle and HS every time...just like there's no way you can miss with an M249 SAW regardless of barrel inaccuracy from 2 feet away from someone...terrible game.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage

when I played CEVO and CAL, we used to destroy T or CT, depends how we were playing, or who we were playing with, or who we were playing against. A lot of factors involved...in a pub/pug, the retards always lose, so that will be the side that sucks.

yeah too bad he said "KEEPING EVERYTHING ELSE CONSTANT" -- you kept nothing else constant. now than, everything else constant, if you have 2 teams of equal skill playing each other in a 5v5 scrim or match, it's a T sided map. period. no arguments. it has been since the cs betas. in a big pub, it's going to be CT sided. that's just how it has always played.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
why are most maps on d2? I would like to get back into it but they were all d2 and they dont even rotate. I want Italy damn it!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: hdeck
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage

yeah too bad he said "KEEPING EVERYTHING ELSE CONSTANT" -- you kept nothing else constant. now than, everything else constant, if you have 2 teams of equal skill playing each other in a 5v5 scrim or match, it's a T sided map. period. no arguments. it has been since the cs betas. in a big pub, it's going to be CT sided. that's just how it has always played.

5v5 I would agree it becomes T sided, but I play on a 40 player Server and once there's 30 or more players it gets very difficult for T.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
why are most maps on d2? I would like to get back into it but they were all d2 and they dont even rotate. I want Italy damn it!

:laugh:

Definitely T sided, but can be a lot of fun. I don't care for Single Map servers much.