CS makes me want to dress up like a Terrorist or a SWAT member

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
When I first started playing CS I kinda got the same way... the answer? Airsoft.
That's right Airsoft Guns... CS is what made me buy a HK G3 SG-1 Sniper/Assault rifle :)
I have several airsoft guns... only thing I don't have is the clothing to go along with them ;)
Spring guns: (suck)
HK USP 40
Desert Eagle
Gas Blowback:
HK USP 40
Beretta M92FS
Electric:
HK G3 SG-1
Mini MP5

If you don't know airsoft is kinda like paintball... but without the paint... and with exact replicas of real guns... only these fire 6mm plastic pellets. Havn't had the chance to play a real game yet, only shoot at paper targets and stuff heh. Oh well :)

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
awps are newbies toys. real men grenade you and knife whats left of you. on occasion, we use pistols.

Nothing like pistol-whipping a guy to death.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Yeh I've had quake dreams too. Also sometimes when I've been on the computer too bloody long & I'm browsing the web, I'll start to nod off & I'll start to picture quake on the screen instead.

Hasn't happened in a while though, as I'm not playing Quake so much these days, plus I'm not browsing the web all night long, every night, these days either.

BTW RGN, an Armarlite AR-10 is like a Armarlite AR-15, except its in 7.62 NATO caliber (.308) instead of 5.56mm (.223). Actually the AR-10 came out 1st, but it never really took off (FN-FAL had the 7.62mm business all sewen up), so really the AR-15 (M16) is really the 5.56 version of the AR-10.

Gandalf511

Oct 13, 2000
I've had CS dreams, and after i've played too long I start looking at everything like CS, trying to figure out positions and looking around for snipers and what not. Kinda scary really. Weird how games can mess with your head

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
<Sombody needs some medical attention and some medication>

MEDIC!

errr...
wrong game
nevermind

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
AlphaIVT

<< Isn't COlt for military use only? >>

No.

<< Also, its illegal for any civilian to have a autofire configuration on their firearms right? >>

Not illegal, but difficult to get. If the weapon was produced before the ban (known as a &quot;pre-ban weapon&quot;) it is legal, but you have to jump through a lot of legal hoops to get one.

<< Is also illegal to own a sound suppressor too correct? >>

That's been true for a long time.

<< ANd living in CA, they ban all sorts of hi-cap magazines (+20) and telestocks >>

Yep, bunch of damn Democrats. :|

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
yeah, i found out about airsoft after i got addicted to CS :) I was planning to get an M4, but the battery was too small ;) my plans were doomed when i asked my dad, he straightup said NO! ;) anyways, CA might ban airsoft starting on January 1st 2001, which already passed, so i don't think they'll really do anything, I'm gonna get into airsoft later when I turn 18, but my own stuff :)