News Crystal Dynamics behind the Tomb Raider franchise have been acquired

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Interesting, Square Enix basically jettisoning all their western dev studios. They have not had much success with them recently, wondering if it was a culture conflict or something else. I will say personally I think the only real flop (as in a bad game) was Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy is very good. Tomb Raider games are good. Guess they just weren't getting the sales they wanted.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Lawd please let us get a conclusion to the Deus Ex series. You'd think with all they hype building around Cyberpunk Eidos Montreal would have been busting their butts getting another Deus Ex out there but instead they were busy cranking out Avengers well after that franchise's moment had passed.

Now Cyberpunk's moment has passed, maybe we'll get lucky with another day-late-dollar-short release?

Jul 27, 2020
Japanese are all about the bottom line. Look at what Konami did to their Metal Gear Solid cash cow. Sony is rumored to want that IP but they won't even sell it to them.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

$200 million down the drain. Yikes!

So, the worst loss in the history of videogames?

What's sad is Avengers being such a steaming turd tanked the sales of Guardians of the Galaxy. Tanked it so badly I bought GoTG for $25 like two months after it launched even though it's widely considered an excellent game by critics and fans alike.

• Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
What's sad is Avengers being such a steaming turd tanked the sales of Guardians of the Galaxy. Tanked it so badly I bought GoTG for $25 like two months after it launched even though it's widely considered an excellent game by critics and fans alike.

Same here, Avengers nearly stopped me buying GoTG but when it went on sale I bought it and it is indeed a blast.