Crysis Warhead Review

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Eurogamer gave it a 9. The game is looking great and I'm definitely getting it next week.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dam, I just started playing X-Com again, but there's always room for another game in the rotation.

natebigdawg

Jul 21, 2008
Very impressed with the review. I am quite sure that I will be getting this one. I still need to finish Crysis since I just got a rig together that can handle it fairly well. Playing Warhead maxed out on my 28' is really making it hard for me to focus at work!

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: raystorm
Eurogamer gave it a 9. The game is looking great and I'm definitely getting it next week.

preordered for $25, can download on 9/16...anxiously waiting :) :)

IGN:

I played Warhead on a high-end machine with a quad core CPU and the latest Nvidia graphics card at high resolution (1680x1050) with all the details set to Enthusiast, which is essentially very high. It looked cutting edge and the frame rate was solid. Next, I checked the game on a slightly older PC with a two-year old 8800GTS and I was still able to crank it to Enthusiast settings and the same resolution and get solid results. Finally, I checked it out on the "$700 PC" that Crytek and EA have been touting. It really is a $700 machine built on the latest mainstream parts (the video card is a 9800GT), and I was able to play the final boss battle at the same resolution and at Enthusiast settings and get solid frame rates. I also tried it the Gamer setting, which is essentially high, and the frame rate was buttery smooth.

Holy crap. I guess they really did some serious optimizations. Looking forward to actually getting some use out of my SLI setup!

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Wow! I've gotta get my priorities straight!(This or Stalker first..?) Add this to my list of Must-Play Games.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
Whether or not I buy this will depend entirely on how many people play the mp. The original's mp was great, but nobody gave it a chance with it's high learning curve. So I'll be waiting for the general reaction to mp from people on places like AT...

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah, I still play the original multiplayer, but I think it lacked something intangible I can't really describe. I wish they had done BF2 in terms of the feel and scope precisely, but with Crysis graphics et al

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Polish3d
Yeah, I still play the original multiplayer, but I think it lacked something intangible I can't really describe. I wish they had done BF2 in terms of the feel and scope precisely, but with Crysis graphics et al

ya, me too, it's missing something I can't describe.

dj2004

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Miklebud
Wow! I've gotta get my priorities straight!(This or Stalker first..?) Add this to my list of Must-Play Games.

Both! :) I haven't played any video games for a month but this will be changing when these two games arrive.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
If anyone here is a Steam guy both Warhead and the original Crysis will be on the service soon. I assume it'll be released next week along with the retail release.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
If anyone here is a Steam guy both Warhead and the original Crysis will be on the service soon. I assume it'll be released next week along with the retail release.

Whoa I didnt see that coming since they're published by EA :Q

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: Polish3d

ya, me too, it's missing something I can't describe.

It's missing a decent community. You have your carebears who cry and succeed in changing all the servers to FF off, no base camping, no bunker camping, no nukes for 30 minutes, no missile launchers, no C4, and no vtols. Then you have players on 8400m's spamming how the game sucks because they only get 10 fps on their "gaming" laptop. And finally you have a fifth of a server hacking because Crytek made the game easily exploitable and stopped making patches for the game after the Warhead announcement.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
At $29.99 I just won't ignore it, I'm going to buy this, for me prices play a big role. It's the reason why I also bought (pre-ordered) Clear Sky on Steam while it had a $5 rebate (have to be pre-ordered before the 15th) and only costs $34.99. Give me good prices, and a decent (or even good) game and I'll generally buy it, unless of course the genre just isn't my stuff. And indeed, Warhead seems to be much better optimized, great work as always from Crytek.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
I'm impressed. I had no intention of getting the game, but I think I've changed my mind.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Looks to be a great follow-up to the original. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Dammit... Crysis is the only thing making me regret moving from PC to console gaming.

Cutthroat

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2002
Originally posted by: nitromullet
Originally posted by: schneiderguy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/

...Thx for the heads up schneiderguy

That's awesome, to think I almost pre-ordered it from the EA store. I even had the page open, I was going to order after reading the forums. Now I've just pre-ordered it on Steam, and I don't even need to pay taxes with Steam.

I'm pretty shocked by this as well, I would have never thought I'd see an EA game on Steam.:shocked:

StevenNevets

Jul 7, 2006
Originally posted by: nitromullet
Originally posted by: schneiderguy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/

...Thx for the heads up schneiderguy
woot! that is great news. I'll buy it there.:D

I might wait a few months though so I can upgrade my gpu first, X1900XT is kinda meh.