Crysis Warhead question on SecureRom

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Ok, I have a copy of warhead I picked up from gogamer last week when it was on sale for $22.99. I'm currently busy with Clear Sky (also from gogamer, love their prices and lack of tax) so it will be another week until I install Warhead. In the mean time I'm looking for a way to install the game without the SecureRom protection. I don't like the 5 limit activation but will deal with it because it's the decision they made, what I don't want on my pc is SecureRom.

I know I can d/l the torrent of the game but I would rather avoid that for the whole legal and ethical issue. So the question comes down to this: is it possible to install a retail copy of the game using my paid for cd key yet get around SecureRom?

If this topic is not appropriate please let me know and I'll clear it out. I understand (but don't like) some of the steps they have taken to protect their product but installing potentially harmful software is not one of them.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT** Well, nevermind to the whole thing. I just found out that several other games I all-ready have installed, including the original Crysis, used SecureRom as well and my pc has not blown up yet. I still don't like it but if it has not affected my machine adversly yet I guess I can deal with it.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Spike
Ok, I have a copy of warhead I picked up from gogamer last week when it was on sale for $22.99. I'm currently busy with Clear Sky (also from gogamer, love their prices and lack of tax) so it will be another week until I install Warhead. In the mean time I'm looking for a way to install the game without the SecureRom protection. I don't like the 5 limit activation but will deal with it because it's the decision they made, what I don't want on my pc is SecureRom.

I know I can d/l the torrent of the game but I would rather avoid that for the whole legal and ethical issue. So the question comes down to this: is it possible to install a retail copy of the game using my paid for cd key yet get around SecureRom?

If this topic is not appropriate please let me know and I'll clear it out. I understand (but don't like) some of the steps they have taken to protect their product but installing potentially harmful software is not one of them.

Thanks for any help!

no.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: nitromullet
Originally posted by: Spike

Thanks for any help!

no.

Well crap, guess I get to read up on SecureRom in more detail and decide if it's worth it. I really want to play the game but dang, hate this spyware crap.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Yeah, you may have some iteration of securom already installed. The original Crysis did use SecuROM but not the current version with install limits, internet activation, etc.. (the one everyone's up and arms about).

For more info check this out: http://reclaimyourgame.com/ind...rticle&id=52&Itemid=13

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for more info on the current SecuROM version. The one used for Spore, Mass Effect, Crysis Warhead, etc..