Crysis vs Call of Duty 4

kr00lplatinum

Nov 2, 2007
CoD4 comes out in a few days but so does Crysis so here is the big question. With regards to online multiplayer modes which game will be better? I've played both single player demos.

I have to say that Crysis is amazing with stunning visuals and an epic world however when you are limited to a max of 32 players will the online play be boring and slow? Also, after playing the Demo I can say that it really feels like an improved FarCry which, we all know the multiplayer sucked.

CoD4 games have always been intense and after playing the demo it looks like the developers amped up the action. The thing that's keeping me back is the lack of being able to use vehicles.

I've read all the reviews for both games but I still can't make up my mind as to which game I should buy. All input would be really helpful.

kr00lplatinum

Nov 2, 2007
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
Neither. UT3 wins :p

Maybe I wasn't clear. This Thread is only to discuss the posed questions. If I wanted to discuss UT3 or any other game I would have asked. Can we please be civilized about this and stay on topic! Don't SPAM the thread with things that are irrevelavant.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: kr00lplatinum

Maybe I wasn't clear. This Thread is only to discuss the posed questions. If I wanted to discuss UT3 or any other game I would have asked. Can we please be civilized about this and stay on topic! Don't SPAM the thread with things that are irrevelavant.

Easy there, I wasn't being serious.

What I would like to point out is that neither game is currently available at retail, so it is hard to say which MP component will be better. You'll have to wait until release + 1 for word on how it is.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

What I would like to point out is that neither game is currently available at retail, so it is hard to say which MP component will be better. You'll have to wait until release + 1 for word on how it is.

Perhaps joking, but probably right. COD4 and Crysis are possibly going to never make it in the Multiplayer realm or at least not significantly. For Multiplayer only one is best to put their money into a Multiplayer focussed game like UT3, TF2, BF((whatever), etc.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006

He's right. UT3 appeals more as a multiplayer game than Crysis and CoD4. For some odd feeling, those 2 games don't fit as "multiplayer" games. Crysis is so much better off as single-player game.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
I wont be buying Crysis for its Multiplayer, nor will I be buying CoD4 for its MP. They were developed as Single player games. But CoD4 had some more thought put into its Multiplayer with its customizations and "Perks". But I know I'll be buying UT3 for its Multiplayer. :)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
between crysis and cod4? CoD4 hands down

the crysis MP is horrible. too much like BF2.

kr00lplatinum

Nov 2, 2007
Sorry Spartan Niner, I was mad at something else when I wrote that, don't pay any attention to it. You do bring up a good point however, UT3 looks really good and it's built for multiplayer just like BF2. The problem I have with UT3 is that I've never been able to get into any of the UT series. I have the latest UT but I've only played 20 hours of it. I guess I don't like that the guns aren't that accurate vs Counter Strike. Also, I want to frag someone now not wait 4 months.

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
COD4 is going to def be the winner. I play competitive BF2 and know a lot of guys in that community as well as the 2142 and QW community. They are all waiting for cod4 to hit and lots already have websites and servers ready to go up at launch. Also Crysis is focused on SP with MP thrown in where as COD4 SP is the second thought. They do put the time and effort into the SP though so its still pretty good.

Looking at cod4 MP videos the maps look bigger. So im hoping that eliminates the spawn nade spam that happened in cod2.

ZappDogg

Jul 18, 2005
Miklebud, you definitely have no clue about the subject at hand. CoD 4 has a SIX hour single player campaign, and was built almost EXCLUSIVELY for multiplayer.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
balck guy avatar. 3 posts. why aren't you selling us ipods? :laugh:

i enjoyed crysis's MP (beta tester) and i will be picking it up eventually primarily for the SP, but i felt the MP was a good bf-style without most of the BF bullshit.

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

i enjoyed crysis's MP (beta tester) and i will be picking it up eventually primarily for the SP, but i felt the MP was a good bf-style without most of the BF bullshit.

the bullshit comes with time.

WraithETC

Golden Member
May 15, 2005
COD4 multiplayer hands down -> beta tester.

The way you customize your character greatly affects how you play. Theres nothing like going with a rapid ROF Uzi with extra health, speed and distortion grenades and just owning people like there stuck in slow motion.

marrr

Jan 23, 2004
Cod4 for sure this game is gonna rock. Im gonna order 32 player server from
here they got a preorder deal for 1.50 a slot after monday its gonna be 2.00 a slot

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Ctrackstar126
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

the bullshit comes with time.

the only BS i've had is when the team absolutely sucks. that happens with all team games, so you're screwed regardless in that respect.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Actually COD multiplayer isn't so bad. Crytek however never had a hitting multiplayer game.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Supposedly, the Crysis MP will be good. Its designed to be like BF, CS:S, and possibly, even like CoD4's.

JimiP

May 6, 2007
Originally posted by: sandorski

Perhaps joking, but probably right. COD4 and Crysis are possibly going to never make it in the Multiplayer realm or at least not significantly. For Multiplayer only one is best to put their money into a Multiplayer focussed game like UT3, TF2, BF((whatever), etc.

I have to whole-heartedly disagree with your statement about COD4 possibly never making it to MP. Every COD game has had a STRONG MP base. Especially COD2. I play it to this day and I will play COD4 MP as well. COD4 is different from the other COD games because of it's shorter SP and more thought out MP action.

Crysis on the other hand... I will agree that Crysis is basically FarCry with even more amazing graphics. SP campaign will probably do very well but I believe it will be lacking enthusiasm in the MP arena. It's not a simple run 'n' gun game so that in itself will lose appeal to many.

UT3 will be fantastic. Just as all the other UT titles. It's MP action far outweighs many games out there today. BF? That game has a TERRIBLE engine and an even worse Server Browser. I don't understand how that game got to be so popular. Not to mention, vehicles > all. There's not enough things to do in BF2/BF2142. It's either you guard a base, attack a base, or go freelance and kill everyone in sight. Or in BF2142, where you either guard/attack a base (AGAIN-OMGz lol) to launch missiles at a air carrier. The game is just too simple for me. At least in the COD series you go face to face against people in old-fashioned FPS style. You frantically run around never knowing what's coming around the corner.

Just my $0.02

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Sorry Spartan Niner, I was mad at something else when I wrote that, don't pay any attention to it. You do bring up a good point however, UT3 looks really good and it's built for multiplayer just like BF2. The problem I have with UT3 is that I've never been able to get into any of the UT series. I have the latest UT but I've only played 20 hours of it. I guess I don't like that the guns aren't that accurate vs Counter Strike. Also, I want to frag someone now not wait 4 months.

Huh? Guns in UT not as accurate as in CS?

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: I4AT

Huh? Guns in UT not as accurate as in CS?

Realistically speaking. And CoD4 will have the better multiplayer.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
COD4's MP will probably be better than stock Crysis because more folks will be playing COD MP than Crysis MP (I could be very wrong on that score). But Crysis will have better and more diverse maps than COD4 and I think the Crysis vehicles are better.

The Obsidian Edge 2 mod for the CryEngine will be fantastic. OE1 was pretty awesome and the dev's have put in many times more effort into OE2 and they have had dev support from Crytek.

JimiP

May 6, 2007
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
COD4's MP will probably be better than stock Crysis because more folks will be playing COD MP than Crysis MP (I could be very wrong on that score). But Crysis will have better and more diverse maps than COD4 and I think the Crysis vehicles are better.

The Obsidian Edge 2 mod for the CryEngine will be fantastic. OE1 was pretty awesome and the dev's have put in many times more effort into OE2 and they have had dev support from Crytek.

COD4 MP won't have vehicles. Thank God!

I remember UO... I still have nightmares.