Crysis System specs???

mrfatboy

Sep 3, 2006
I'm am building a new system. One of the games that I look foward to getting is Crysis. I want to make sure my new system will be able to handle it well. The current major components are:

Q6600 or E6600
8800 GTS 640
2 gigs mem

I'm mostly concerned about the memory. Will 2 gigs be enough? I have XP pro 32 bit so windows will only recoginize 3 gigs if I get 2 pairs of 2 (4 gigs). That seems like a waste. You need 2 gigs now to run BF2 maxed and that game is 2 years old. Is this game going to force everybody to go vista? I can't believe so but who knows.

I guess the same holds true that you will need vista to take full control of dx10.

I would like to hear others opinions.

thanks

mnikkel55

Jun 21, 2007
To me it seems like a waste to play Crysis on such a high end system with a DX-10 video card but not a DX-10 OS. If you're that serious of a gamer, sooner or later you're going to need Vista for DX-10 alone. You might as well get it now if you have the money, so that $400 video card of yours isn't going to waste. If you don't like it, you can always install it alongside XP on a separate partition and just run it for games.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
And like he said - since you'll want Vista then you'll want 4GB of RAM.
Oh and BF2 is a serious memory hog - ETQW beta only used about 400MB on my system. Guess that can probably be chalked up to better programming.

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
If you're going to get a DX10 card, you should be running Vista - there's no reason not to be.

I would go with Q6600, 2GB RAM, HD 2900XT, and Vista. IDK about 32-bit or 64-bit, Crysis is supposed to support 64-Bit but I don't know if it'll be worthwhile.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
I read somewhere that Crysis is 18 months ahead of the hardware? Is this not true?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of. Cevat estimates it?ll be 18 months after release before technology catches up with his game.

From here.

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TheUnk
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Extelleron
If you're going to get a DX10 card, you should be running Vista - there's no reason not to be.</end quote></div>

:confused:</end quote></div>

If you're playing Crysis with a DX10 card, there's no reason not to be running Vista.

I would say anybody building a PC right now should go Vista regardless, because I haven't experienced any problems and numerous other people are happy with it. Buying XP right now is a waste of money.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Extelleron
If you're going to get a DX10 card, you should be running Vista - there's no reason not to be.</end quote></div>

If you're playing Crysis with a DX10 card, there's no reason not to be running Vista.

I would say anybody building a PC right now should go Vista regardless, because I haven't experienced any problems and numerous other people are happy with it. Buying XP right now is a waste of money.

Vista doesn't have drivers for my Scanner (Photoport 7700 USB) or Printer (HP 1218) and I am not buying new ones just to run Vista. They both work great and that is just senseless to have to purchase new.

m21s

Dec 6, 2004
Crysis system specs posted HERE!!

LINK

Good luck everyone.
Looks like 800x600 for all of us :(

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO

I would say anybody building a PC right now should go Vista regardless, because I haven't experienced any problems and numerous other people are happy with it. Buying XP right now is a waste of money.</end quote></div>

Vista doesn't have drivers for my Scanner (Photoport 7700 USB) or Printer (HP 1218) and I am not buying new ones just to run Vista. They both work great and that is just senseless to have to purchase new.

My scanner isn't supported but it is also almost 10 years old so it probably is about ready to be replaced anyway.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Some information at crysis-online.com.

You can also click the forum link at the bottom of that page for opinions.

Those are just estimates, but the requirements don't seem too bad. Once my 165 comes in, I will match the recommended requirements even. That is pretty surprising, considering how much the 7800GT sucks these days! :(

Odd that the recommended requirements don't even list DX10.

I'm thinking the recommended requirements might only mean 1024x768 mid-details, but for how amazing that game looks, it must be coded quite well. The minimum requirements are hardly anything... I can't believe it would even run at 800x600 with those.

Ah well, I hope to have a 8800GTS by the time it comes out. I'll most likely use Vista by then, and 2GB might be getting a little low for the newest games and Vista, but should be fine.

mnikkel55

Jun 21, 2007
If you're going to get a DX10 card, you should be running Vista - there's no reason not to be.

I would go with Q6600, 2GB RAM, HD 2900XT, and Vista. IDK about 32-bit or 64-bit, Crysis is supposed to support 64-Bit but I don't know if it'll be worthwhile.

I'd go with 64 bit. It may seem like it's a hassle and not worth it now, but it's one of those things that will probably pay off in the future. Just like the DX-10 issue, it seems pointless to me to buy a brand new operating system today and not going with 64bit knowing full well that you will probably need it within the next year or two, even if only to go above 4gb of RAM.

1ManArmY

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2003

R U running the Vista 64 bit version or 32 bit version? I heard that if your running the 32 bit version of Vista it will only see 3 GIGs of RAM is this true?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Running the game on Vista with a DX10 card is going to give you better performance. DX10 is pretty much nothing but optimizations. Running the game with an 8800 GTS on XP will give you worse performance than running the same hardware with Vista. It should anyway.

The game is, IMO, going to run better than some of you all imagine. I think an E6600, 2GB of ram, an an 8800 GTX, along with Vista, will play the game pretty well at 1600x1200 with some of the settings on med/high. Probably no AA. But it should still look and run great.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Originally posted by: duragezic

Those are just estimates, but the requirements don't seem too bad. Once my 165 comes in, I will match the recommended requirements even. That is pretty surprising, considering how much the 7800GT sucks these days! :(

They mention 'high settings' or 'low settings' but not the resolution, which makes the information kinda useless. A X1900XTX will be able to handle the game at high settings...but is that at 640x480 or 1600x1200?

I'd kill to see some benchmarks.

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
Originally posted by: 1ManArmY

I would say anybody building a PC right now should go Vista regardless, because I haven't experienced any problems and numerous other people are happy with it. Buying XP right now is a waste of money.</end quote></div>

R U running the Vista 64 bit version or 32 bit version? I heard that if your running the 32 bit version of Vista it will only see 3 GIGs of RAM is this true?

I'm running 32-Bit, and yes, as with any other 32-Bit OS, you won't be able to see or fully utilize 4GB of RAM. For that you need to go 64-Bit.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I'm hoping I'll be able to run it on an OC'd Opteron 170, 2gb, and the best DX10 for ~$300 when it comes out.