Crysis owners: how long did the SP campaign take you?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
per the title, how long did the SP game take you on your first try and what difficulty?

Pathogen03

Golden Member
May 16, 2004
First try was normal, was very easy, your armor regens quickly if you duck behind a rock, i could Rambo most of it with just melee/throwing people into other people. Saying that, I did explore a lot of out of the way locations, so it took me about 12-15.

Im trying again now in Delta and wow its significantly different.. have to sleeper bullet the MGers and assassinate the rest of the camps before the MGer wakes up. Lot more fun, though i find myself reloading ithe game if anyone ever spots me.

cirrhosis

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2005
I played it through the first time on Hard - doing so just made it better and far more enjoyable. I'd say it took me in the range of 15-20 hrs, I didn't count nor kept track but it was sizable, not to mention very memorable.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Pathogen03
First try was normal, was very easy, your armor regens quickly if you duck behind a rock, i could Rambo most of it with just melee/throwing people into other people. Saying that, I did explore a lot of out of the way locations, so it took me about 12-15.
I haven't played the demo or read any previews yet -- but that sounds a bit Halo-esque, not Far Cry-like at all. I remember sneaking and picking people/monsters off at distances being pretty integral to survival.

Trianon

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2000
www.conkurent.com
Originally posted by: AmberClad
I remember sneaking and picking people/monsters off at distances being pretty integral to survival.
Same here, it's more tactical than Halo. I played on Delta and never bothered with putting KPA to sleep, precision rifle took care of thatit was mostly looking for new ways to approach the goal or advance as stealthy as possible. Delta was a blast, AI seemed to develop peripheral vision and employ ambush strategy, no target reticle, limited radar...

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Did my first run through on hard and it took my about 20 hours. A few hours can be attributed to my regular idiocy that makes it so hard to hit F5 periodically.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Well, I played the demo at least 4 times all the way through and probably spent 10 hours messing around with the ai and the physics...etc. So once I purchased the retail version, I was already totally comfortable with the KPA gameplay so I breezed through some of the area's and wasn't too caught up with the scenery/graphics...etc. However, as the game progressed, I found myself in awe again of the graphics and the atmosphere, so I started messing around and exploring many places and just taking my time trying to be as stealthy as I could. 19 hours it took me on Delta to complete it the first time, but if you throw in the demo hours then I'd say I played more Crysis campaign than any other FPS ever. :D