Crysis issue!

bananapeel42

Banned
Feb 5, 2008
Right to the point. When I load the game up, the main menu screen is somehow messed up. Essentially, there is an imaginary box that my mouse can't pass through, almost like the sync between the game and the computer is off.

For instance, the mouse cursor can't go far enough to the left to start a new game, etc, it keeps hitting a "wall" on the left side, the same goes for the top of the screen as well. It is very strange.

I have reloaded the game also, a complete uninstall and reinstall so far, the issue did come back for no apparent reason. The system itself is running just fine, and I did play the game with no issues at one point, but I changed nothing, no setting alterations, etc.

I'm completely dumbfounded and pissed! I just got a GTX260 to play Crysis, now I can't.

If i need to clarify anything, please feel free to ask any questions that could help me get to the bottom of this.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Are you playing the game on DX10 mode? If so, then run it on DX9 and see if the problem gets fixed.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
What card were you using before? Did you clean out the old drivers using Driver Cleaner? Have you updated your new card with the latest drivers?

I actually had a similar issue with Crysis once, but it was Crossfire-related and that is obviously not the case here. It was fixed with a new driver though, which is why I am asking about your drivers.

KT

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Try hitting alt-enter or alt-tab. Sounds like a windowed-mode/resolution problem.

bananapeel42

Banned
Feb 5, 2008
I'm running 1680X1050 in windows and the game at 1680X1050. There are no driver issues, this is a brand new computer with brand new card and driver install.

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers yesterday.

It does seem like a weird ass window/resolution issue.... I'm going to play with it much more when I get home from work.

why would dx9 mode change anything? it is in dx10 mode..

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: bananapeel42
I'm running 1680X1050 in windows and the game at 1680X1050. There are no driver issues, this is a brand new computer with brand new card and driver install.

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers yesterday.

It does seem like a weird ass window/resolution issue.... I'm going to play with it much more when I get home from work.

why would dx9 mode change anything? it is in dx10 mode..

how do other games run?

is Crysis patched?

Is this Crysis1 or Crysis2?

What card?

bananapeel42

Banned
Feb 5, 2008
haven't tried any, 3dmark06 goes just fine. the card is a gtx260 with the latest drivers.

there are no problems with the computer other than this game issue.

crysis is not patched, and it is the original

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
haven't tried any, 3dmark06 goes just fine. the card is a gtx260 with the latest drivers.

there are no problems with the computer other than this game issue.

crysis is not patched, and it is the original

Then you should start there and see if the issue remains.

masteryoda34

Golden Member
Dec 17, 2007
Crysis has got some weird issues with the on-screen cursor not lining up with where the game actually thinks it is. It happens to me all the time. It seems to be related to full-screen/windowed mode and resolutions. Usually restarting the game resolves it for me. In-game its not an issue, just in the menus.

Yes, try patching the game also.

bananapeel42

Banned
Feb 5, 2008
thanks guys, glad i'm not the only one to see this. I'll patch it up tonight and report back and hopefully this retarded problem can go away.

cbuchach

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2000
I had the same issues and frequently had to restart the whole system just to be able to get it to line up with my mouse cursor

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Looks like the 1.2 patch took care of it. Good stuff I guess, thanks guys!

enjoy!

when you have free time, head over to crymod.com and check out all the custom mods for the game. Many tweaks, upgrades, and new levels. There is even a MechWarrior mod.

You'll also want to try Crysis Warhead; you'll pretty much need it if you want to play multiplayer. Crysis has MP, but it's nothing like Crysis Wars (included with Warhead).

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK

enjoy!

when you have free time, head over to crymod.com and check out all the custom mods for the game. Many tweaks, upgrades, and new levels. There is even a MechWarrior mod.

You'll also want to try Crysis Warhead; you'll pretty much need it if you want to play multiplayer. Crysis has MP, but it's nothing like Crysis Wars (included with Warhead).

Hows Crysis Wars?

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Games for Windows (unfortunately) is tied to the windows desktop dpi. Everything has to be default icon/text size or you get the cursor from hell.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I had this happen as well. I can't remember what I did to fix the problem though. I'll come back if I remember what I did. I think it had to do with my video driver.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Martimus
I had this happen as well. I can't remember what I did to fix the problem though. I'll come back if I remember what I did. I think it had to do with my video driver.

the OP already posted that patching Crysis to current fixed teh problem.. if you missed that.

Aug 28, 2008
It is a DX10 issue when first installed and the resolution is not set to the same as your desktop. To fix start in DX9 mode and set your screen resolution and to the proper setting and then you can relaunch in DX10 and all will be good.

roid450

Sep 4, 2008

It's just a matter of Alt+Tab 1-2 times. Mine does the same as u stated in OP and I Alt+Tab everytime to fix it, then carry on with the game :)