Crysis 3 campaign video released.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I added spaces to my URL link in another thread. www. ign. com

I think it has something to do with certain sites.

cause you can link to newegg or amazon

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
IGN is a news site to me, not where I go for reviews all the time. Generally for quality reviews I go to game trailers or game informer. I find them to be less bias overall and they will rate a poor game as it deserves but I haven't really seen them give a hyped up game an inflated score unless it lives up to some of the hype and is a solid game to begin with.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It visually looks amazing, but is it normal to not know what the story is all about by the third iteration of the series ? Seems like Crysis is having an identity crisis. I imagine everybody accepts it for what is just a tech showcase. I'm hoping it will be fun to play.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
It visually looks amazing, but is it normal to not know what the story is all about by the third iteration of the series ? Seems like Crysis is having an identity crisis. I imagine everybody accepts it for what is just a tech showcase. I'm hoping it will be fun to play.

Story totally makes sense to me.

Crysis 1 - 'pre' alien invasion. Presence of aliens is hush hush and they are not understood. YOur character hunts, finds, and fails to stop what is thought to be an isolated incident.
Crysis 2 - invasion - Attempt to stop aliens in Crysis 1 failed, so you get Widespread alien attacks all over the world. Normal military can't deal with aliens because they are toxic, so hazmat militia (C.E.L.L.) is brought in to quarantine new york city. Militiamen are told you are an enemy, so you have to fight both aliens and this militia as you try and use your suit to stop the aliens yourself.
Crysis 3 - post invasion - Attempt to stop aliens in Crysis 2 fails.. CELL militia takes over when government falls (since they are the only force capable of handling aliens).. fast foward 20 years.. Invasion is over, but the damage is already done and there's still plenty of rogue aliens on earth. CELL is extorting survivors and using their power to become new government.

tv4f674680.png

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Not impressed. Gameplay is boring run and gun and that's it?

Maybe they just wanted to show action? Besides...wasn't Crysis 1 and Far Cry just run and gun? Yes... You run, sometimes through the jungle and you use a gun. Oh but you could drive a jeep too.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Not impressed. Gameplay is boring run and gun and that's it?

You realize it was clips spliced together, right? I think they specifically cut out the action parts and showed that.

Crysis 1 was the same way. Sneak around for a bit, find a camp or group of baddies, and think of a way to crush them. You could stalk and snipe, run and gun, etc.

Please realize they finally showed footage of Crysis 3 in an open field~! If that's one map, it's fucking huge. Cervat (ceo) said C3 will have maps LARGER than the largest Crysis maps. Some parts are downtown NYC, but most of it is out in rural areas, which is why this map is out in a field somewhere.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Actually it looks like Crysis 2. Just sayin it looked exactly the same in that video.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I dunno, I think it looks great. Definitely looking forward to this game.