Crysis 2 worth playing ? Screenshots added in OP. Modded

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
I know, I am really late to be playing Crysis. But I just recently finished the first one, including Warhead. So finally decided to install Crysis 2.

Is the 2Gb download to improve the graphics actually make the game better? Look better? Or is the differences minimal and not worth the time?

I know it takes place in a city or whatever it is, but is it on par with the first Crysis?

No mod
tsUKpop.jpg

Modded
KOfOcJb.jpg

Modded
redKi60.jpg

No mod
35juiUc.jpg

Modded
jsky9Fk.jpg

Modded
xh6fx13.jpg

Modded
39FsyoQ.jpg

Modded
kfhFblu.jpg

Modded
BOxZRGn.jpg

Modded

THnL2a4.jpg

I have no clue why or how I forgot to turn on some AA.

Last edited:

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Worth playing? Absolutely.

As good as the first? No. And I'm not even a terribly big fan of the first game, but it's nowhere close.

Still, an enjoyable, mindless, linear shooter that does everything decently and looks "gosh golly whiz bang purdy" while doing it.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
The extra download isn't very big and its worth having. Its not really the same game as the first one, its got an unfortunate case of consoleitis.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Consoleitis? lol

Installing now, I enjoyed the first one and Warhead, So I hope I can make it to the end of this one.

Aug 11, 2008
1 > 3 >> 2 IMO

i couldn't follow the story at all in crysis 2.

I couldn't follow the story either, but thought it was just because I didn't play the first game. I thought ît was a decent game, but got stuck on one level trying to kill one of the big mechs and gave up on it. I also had a few crashes using g an AMD card.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Crysis 2 was the only game besides DNF i regret buying,so much so i did the world a favor and tossed it in the trash. Reselling the game to me felt like a sin.Had the retail disc version luckily,this abomination would have been stuck in my origin for all eternity.D:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Crysis 2 was the only game besides DNF i regret buying,so much so i did the world a favor and tossed it in the trash. Reselling the game to me felt like a sin.Had the retail disc version luckily,this abomination would have been stuck in my origin for all eternity.D:

Oh please, it wasn't that bad. Stop being dramatic.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Ugh, I just logged into Steam and found this on sale... Add this one to the backlog.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The gameplay is okay, nothing special. The graphics engine looks really good and runs quite fast.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
The game was fun for me and looked great with the MaLDO HD mod. In terms of fun I'd say it's just under Crysis 3, which I think was the most fun for me.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
It's a decent game, but I thought Crysis got bogged down entirely too far in the Alien thing. It really ruined the game as soon as you start fighting the aliens. All 3 titles.

Last edited:

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I thought that it was passable, but nothing more.

I played it with the MaLDO HD textures in my first (and only) playthrough, so I've never seen the "vanilla" Crysis 2 textures. It does look good with that HD mod, definitely (although the setting is mostly different, more urban than anything else, when compared to the original game). I haven't played Crysis 3, so I can't compare Crysis 2 to it. What I can say, however, is that my favorite is still Warhead, followed by the original.

Still, overall Crysis 2 is "ok".

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
I still think the original FarCry was the best thing CryTek ever produced. Crysis was too short and linear, Crysis 2 was too easy and Crysis 3 plays like shit, even though it's the second best thing from CryTek.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I got halfway through the game and never finished. It's not bad but is nothing special, the first one was way better.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Is the Blackfire mod and the mod posted above compatible with one another? Or would one mod override the 2nd one used?

I installed it, updated the game...and even though nothing is modded yet, I think it looks pretty good. Cant wait to see it after a mod or two.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
I had a craving for eye-candy after installing my 780 in Dec.
Polished off Crysis 2, after finishing Crysis 3.

Enjoyed it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Cyrsis 2 is definitely worth playing it you like to support a company that doesn't pay it's employees. Too soon? >_<

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Nope, not worth playing. It's a garbage, generic, uninspired first person shooter. Not much else to say.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I just finished Crysis 2 about three weeks ago....so it's still fresh in my mind.

I liked Crysis 1 and Warhead much much better. They had better story, better characters, and I even think the graphics were better. It seems to me the devs spent too much time on trinkets (souvenirs, car keys, dog tags, soundtracks). That time should have been put towards enhancing the very bland story....

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Just firing this up myself, but I'm having an annoying problem with audio crackling in the cutscenes.