Crysis 2: Where'd the hi-res textures go??

OptimumSlinky

Nov 3, 2009
So whenever I click on the "Download the High-Resolution Texture Pack" inside the game, or search around the MyCrysis.com website, it tells me I'm forbidden? WTF is this?

Disclosure: I bought my copy on Steam just before the whole Origin vs Steam thing went down, so I still launch C2 through Steam. Is that why?

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
So whenever I click on the "Download the High-Resolution Texture Pack" inside the game, or search around the MyCrysis.com website, it tells me I'm forbidden? WTF is this?

Disclosure: I bought my copy on Steam just before the whole Origin vs Steam thing went down, so I still launch C2 through Steam. Is that why?

Did you set up an account on MyCrysis.com? Not sure if it's required for access to them, but there are links for the two required downloads here:

http://www.mycrysis.com/dx11

...or try the previous response if you don't want to go the account route. Looks like Fileplanet has them also.

OptimumSlinky

Nov 3, 2009
Awesome, thanks. For some reason I couldn't find those before and the in-game links weren't working.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
I had the same problem -- purchased it over the weekend on that D2D sale. Just had to hunt around a little. Probably wasn't a good idea for them to embed a link in the game's menu that wasn't going to stick around (though you'd think they could patch a fix in).

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Wants but for some reason I chickend out on the 64 bit windows. Since when did high res textures require a 64 bit os? Grrr.