Cryptocoin Mining?

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
With a pair of 6950's I'm averaging 730MH/s according to GUIminer (629MH/s according to mineco.in). At this rate I'm getting ~.15BC a day which means a little over one BC per week. At the average sell price of $14, that's only $56-58 per month. Subtract the amount of electricity I use and it really doesn't seem worth it.

how long have you been mining? on what are you basing the .15 rate? what are your payout options set to?

assuming you are setup correctly and are really getting 700 hashes, you can also try another pool. i'm assuming you chose mineco because of the pplns, but you are probably better off going to a proportional or pps pool to figure out your base return rate initially.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Uh, that's really low. With 750 MH/s I'm getting close to .5 BTC a day. About .47.

So am I in the wrong pool or do I not have my account set up correctly. I can see both of my workers (each 6950) online at mineco.in.

how long have you been mining? on what are you basing the .15 rate? what are your payout options set to?

assuming you are setup correctly and are really getting 700 hashes, you can also try another pool. i'm assuming you chose mineco because of the pplns, but you are probably better off going to a proportional or pps pool to figure out your base return rate initially.

I've only been mining for a day now and Mineco says my reward is at .154BTC. My payout option is set to every full BTC.

I'm a mining noob. Can you sum up the difference between pplns, pps, and proportional?

Last edited:

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
one day is kind of a small sample to figure out your rate. you are seeing the difference between earned rewards and confirmed rewards. earned is what you theoretically get if all the blocks that the pool submits are valid. confirmed are from what everyone else verify as valid several hours later.

you can learn more about pps/prop at deepbit. payout systems vary and everyone can use a slightly different formula. it is simply the way they calculate how to divvy up the 50 coins for the block prize

Feb 19, 2001
730 should be paying you closer to 0.4 BTC I believe... lol

0.13 is really low.

Before the previous increase, I was getting about 0.3ish BTC with a pair of 5830s.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Thanks for the info gents. I'll do some more research at deepbit.

Regarding the differing hash rates, is there a reason Mineco would show a lower rate than GUIminer?

hdfxst

May 13, 2009
For the last few days deepbit has been very lucky(-10 to -20%),with 675 mhash i'm getting .40-.43.the last 6 hours has been sub 30 min. rounds

Last edited:

hdfxst

May 13, 2009
Thanks for the info gents. I'll do some more research at deepbit.

Regarding the differing hash rates, is there a reason Mineco would show a lower rate than GUIminer?

that just happens,my hash rate stays between 660 and 680 but my average speed will show as low as 490 and as high as 810 so i don't know how it gets figure it out

Muyoso

Dec 6, 2005
pool hopping still working well for you?

Today and yesterday were absolutely ridiculous. I add up everything manually to see what I earned for the day at midnight EST usually. Its not even midnight yet and I am already at 1.4962508 for the day. I should be getting .41 btc @ 690Mhash. Still 2.5 hours to go. At 2.45 BTC over the last 45 hours now.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
I suspected pool hopping to pay-for-last-share pools would be at least as lucrative as hopping OUT of proportional pools. The weight e.g. slush gives to last submitted shares makes it very advantageous to jump in after the pool has swept most of the search space.

Bad luck for slush's pool, in other words, is a fat paycheck to hoppers.

"Opportunistic mining" in other words is now mandatory. Going to check into the pool hopping pools myself.

Muyoso

Dec 6, 2005
I suspected pool hopping to pay-for-last-share pools would be at least as lucrative as hopping OUT of proportional pools. The weight e.g. slush gives to last submitted shares makes it very advantageous to jump in after the pool has swept most of the search space.

Bad luck for slush's pool, in other words, is a fat paycheck to hoppers.

"Opportunistic mining" in other words is now mandatory. Going to check into the pool hopping pools myself.

I am not sure if there is a way to hop those pools. Guessing when a round is going to end so that you can catch the tail end of shares is a lot harder than having a site tell you that its just now starting a new block.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
So if I want to figure out how many hours my rig has been mining, can I take the # of shares I have and divide by my average hash rate?

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Hash rate is done per second, so you will need to account for that. Otherwise then I think that should give you a rough estimate.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
wow... i'm lost 3 sapphire 5830 in the last two days because of heat... it's too damn hot... rma time

I'm saved... two of my 5830s are up and running... i guess they just needed to cool down for a day.. though i did have to reinstall the OS on the computer... kept getting BSOD... now everything is hunky dory... i still need to check the 5830 that i pulled out of the system... it might be ok. :)

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
my new 6950 hashes at 340 while still running cooler and quiter than my reference one, so thats a bonus

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I would definitely do this during the day while I am at work, except I don't want to be involved in whatever brute force hacking this accomplishes. I just wonder what the outcome is, whether it is trying to decrypt messages, or just hack bank accounts. Whatever it is, it has to be worth quite a bit if people are willing to pay this much for it.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
I would definitely do this during the day while I am at work, except I don't want to be involved in whatever brute force hacking this accomplishes. I just wonder what the outcome is, whether it is trying to decrypt messages, or just hack bank accounts. Whatever it is, it has to be worth quite a bit if people are willing to pay this much for it.

Lololol