Cry more Weis

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
yes, charlie, you are stupid. you got passed up because the compupters don't care about margin, how you win, or how you lose. they only care about who you beat. and nebraska is a better team than UCLA. that is why Texas jumped you.

and do you know why, charlie, you got dropped after making a miserable showing against GT? because the pollsters don't just care that you win. they don't just look at the final score and say that a win is a win. no, there is more information there than just the win. they watch how your team played. and they figured that the way your team played wasn't as good as some other teams play. that is why you got dropped after beating GT.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
yes, charlie, you are stupid. you got passed up because the compupters don't care about margin, how you win, or how you lose. they only care about who you beat. and nebraska is a better team than UCLA. that is why Texas jumped you.

and do you know why, charlie, you got dropped after making a miserable showing against GT? because the pollsters don't just care that you win. they don't just look at the final score and say that a win is a win. no, there is more information there than just the win. they watch how your team played. and they figured that the way your team played wasn't as good as some other teams play. that is why you got dropped after beating GT.

For once ElFenix, I agree with you...perhaps because you aren't slamming the SEC this time. ;)

Seriously, ND's o-line has been horrible and their secondary is just asking to get victimized.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
They suck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again before the season's over.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: jjsole
They suck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again before the season's over.

Although, it will be fun to see them get obliterated in a bowl game. :p

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Nothing new (OVERRATED) with Notre Shame except they now have a coach who whines like your little sister. I don't remember Tyrone ever doing that. Thank God my team's coach doesn't whine like a little sissy like this fatass.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
As long as they keep winning it makes Michigan look better :)

Fine with me...Michigan will come back down to earth on Nov. 18. Tressel owns Lloyd Carr. :)

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
It's laughable that people are dogging a top ten team (or #11 depending on the poll you look at). The polls get pretty close to accurate on where a team should be. There may be a couple of spots off on occasion, but by this time in the season they are pretty accurate. ND is a solid team which has holes, just like every other team. Look at USC, they have been winning very close battles lately. Texas almost got beat by a Nebraska team which is not in it's class. A lot of top teams will lose a game and have close calls during the season, that's just the way a season goes. The only 2 teams which have pretty much been dominant all season are Michigan and OSU, and they are ranked where they should be.

Bash all you want, but the ND program is on the right track lol!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: wyvrn
It's laughable that people are dogging a top ten team (or #11 depending on the poll you look at). The polls get pretty close to accurate on where a team should be. There may be a couple of spots off on occasion, but by this time in the season they are pretty accurate. ND is a solid team which has holes, just like every other team. Look at USC, they have been winning very close battles lately. Texas almost got beat by a Nebraska team which is not in it's class. A lot of top teams will lose a game and have close calls during the season, that's just the way a season goes. The only 2 teams which have pretty much been dominant all season are Michigan and OSU, and they are ranked where they should be.

what's with the barnyard animal noise tacked on to the end of your post?

is it cooler when you do it?

lol?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Baked
Their best WR is a white guy...

Not actually. Rhema McKnight has been having a better season and is probably the better pro prospect. Though Jeff is a good player and is a pro prospect in his own right. What's wrong with talented white guys?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

lol?

Dude you are lame. Try a winning argument and please leave the adolescent humor at home. It just hurts any credibility you might have had but are quickly proving you don't.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
ND does suck.

It's pretty sad that they almost lost to MSU, who if we would've lost our game last week, we probably would've gone 4-8 this season. Some how we pulled off a win against Northwestern....

Our offense has talent, but the team can't put it together. I'm hoping John L Smith will be no longer come next season, my school mates feel the same.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

Ladies and gentlemen, a Notre Lame fan.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Nothing new (OVERRATED) with Notre Shame except they now have a coach who whines like your little sister. I don't remember Tyrone ever doing that. Thank God my team's coach doesn't whine like a little sissy like this fatass.

Nice editorial comments. Anything valuable to say?

Like Weiss has a point that the rating system is not perfect. He's right it's not, which is why we should get rid of it and just go to a playoff system.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: QurazyQuisp
ND does suck.

It's pretty sad that they almost lost to MSU, who if we would've lost our game last week, we probably would've gone 4-8 this season. Some how we pulled off a win against Northwestern....

Our offense has talent, but the team can't put it together. I'm hoping John L Smith will be no longer come next season, my school mates feel the same.

That's the history of MSU football...breakdowns and near misses

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004

Not actually. Rhema McKnight has been having a better season and is probably the better pro prospect. Though Jeff is a good player and is a pro prospect in his own right. What's wrong with talented white guys?

Well, for one thing, he can't get up and catch those end zone hail marys.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

lol?

Dude you are lame. Try a winning argument and please leave the adolescent humor at home. It just hurts any credibility you might have had but are quickly proving you don't.
i already posted my piece on this subject, something that was in direct reply to charlie's whining. maybe you read it. if not, i'll post it again for you

see, i have a 'winning argument.' in fact, it is the second post in this thread. if you feel like responding to it instead of a red herring about 'dogging a top ten team,' please do so.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Feldenak

It's no secret I am a fan. I would love to attend the school for my Master's, but dunno if I want to move at this point in my life.

Have a credible argument, or are you just going to whine in this thread?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

Well, for one thing, he can't get up and catch those end zone hail marys.

He's not a jump ball WR, but that hardly means he sucks. He has decent speed and gets open consistently. He can score from anywhere on the field, as evidenced by his last minute touchdown against UCLA. And again, McKnight is the better WR at this point and he is not white, not that I think the color of skin matters at all.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

It's no secret I am a fan. I would love to attend the school for my Master's, but dunno if I want to move at this point in my life.

A credible arguement, like the horrid offensive line (can't run block or pass block) and a defensive secondary that sucks more than a two-bit whore?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

lol?

i already posted my piece on this subject, something that was in direct reply to charlie's whining. maybe you read it. if not, i'll post it again for you

see, i have a 'winning argument.' in fact, it is the second post in this thread. if you feel like responding to it instead of a red herring about 'dogging a top ten team,' please do so.

For your first point, yes you HAD a point, but not in the post I quoted. Please try to keep up.

For your second point, I agree that there is a reason why ND dropped, but I don't support the logic as is the point Weiss is trying to make. He really should have said, 'the poll system is screwed up and it needs improvement'.' I think that is the point he was trying to make, and many people agree. He has to adjust to it however. He is not in the pros anymore and any semblance of objectivity in rankings, or national championships, goes out the window in college until a playoff system used in almost all other college and pro sports is implemented.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

A credible arguement, like the horrid offensive line (can't run block or pass block) and a defensive secondary that sucks more than a two-bit whore?

Once again, I am responding to the quoted post which is attacking me (or my status as a fan). If you attack, expect to be attacked back.

As for your points on the Oline, I agree it is underperforming. And the defense gives up big plays, however, they have been improving. I think since Zibby has been hurt he has played less, and the freshman CB recruits have improved the secondary. To add to your list of weaknesses on the ND team with a point of my own, their pass rush is below par. They have one decent rusher and the rest don't scare anyone. However, their defensive speed has also improved. So you take it a step at a time because the coach has to work with what he has while he recruits.