Cruel and unusual punishment: US using vicious torture against Iraqi POWs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Are you all missing the best part? I think you are. "Bodies" from the XXX soundtrack is from Drowning Pool. Now, I mean no disrespect to their now-deceased lead singer, but that was THE quintessential terrible rock song of last year. In fact, I'd say that song was worse, musically, than anything any boy band has ever put out. Well, almost. Seriously, the chorus went like this:
Let the bodies hit the floor
1.. something's got to give
2.. yadda yadda
3.. yadda yadda
4.. yadda yadda
On the second part, all I can think about is Happy Gilmore:
Shooter: Oh good, you can count.

The first part is even better. It reminds me of something the band Slipknot said once. If you don't know them, they're a band made up of about 7 people, who all wore masks, and the only talent they had was that one guy on guitar would play one note, then the next guy would play the next note so that nobody really had to play anything as long as they played their one note when they were supposed to. Anyway, they were interviewed once and asked what they wanted to do as a band. The lead singer (mind you, this was just a few years back and the world is sane for the most part) grabbed the mic out of the announcer's hand and gave the most prilliant answer ever:
1. rule the world
2. kill everyone

What an f'ing tool. You haven't killed anybody your whole life, and considering that you're hiding behind a mask, I'd guess that you probably couldn't beat back a 12-year-old thief if he broke into your house. These bands are a joke.

If I were Iraqi and I had to listen to "Let the bodies hit the floor" about a million times over, I'd start praying for Allah and spilling my guts. Then, when I got out, I'd play that in front of a war crimes tribunal and ask how many in the room didn't consider that torture most foul.

EDIT And by the way, the next man to diss Elton John gets it. If you can listen to Tiny Dancer and NOT sing along after the first couple of coruses, then we'll talk.