Crucial webpromo and ebates do not work together

kydar

Jan 6, 2001

Just wanted to let everybody know that you can't combine Crucial's webpromo (15% discount) and ebates together. If you open 2 separate browser windows and do the little trick that has been explained in other threads, it will appear to work, but the rebate will never show up in your ebates account. I did it last month and when I wrote to ebates to ask where my rebate was, this was what they said:

<<
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. Ebates.com relies on our affiliated merchants to report purchases made by ebates members so accounts can be credited to receive a rebate. We cannot credit an account until the merchant notifies us that a purchase has been made and that ebates will be paid for this purchase. I checked the reports, but Crucial Technology has not yet reported this purchase to us. Thus, we cannot credit your account until we have been notified by them.

I will contact the merchant for further assistance with this issue. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
>>

...and then less than an hour later...

<<
Dear Sir,

I have heard back from Crucial Technology already! I have been advised that you placed your order on a special promotional page which affiliates (such as ebates.com) do not link to (it gives a slightly higher discount). Unfortunately, combining these 2 offers doesn't work together.

Since you have received the promotional discount from Crucial for this purchase, you are not eligible for a rebate from ebates.com.
>>

Oh well, it was worth a shot...they're just too darn smart. :confused: If anyone else actually get their ebate, I'd like to know about it.