Crowd Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist On St. Patrick’s Day; Incident Caught On*Camera

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Then, what, pray tell, is the definition of a repost?

Repost is a misnomer. They don't close threads by date, they close multiple threads on the same subject at the same time. When a mod saw there were two threads on the same subject, they closed one. They closed yours for a reason, and the order in which they were created were no part of that reason.

Can you figure it out yet?

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Repost is a misnomer. They don't close threads by date, they close multiple threads on the same subject at the same time. When a mod saw there were two threads on the same subject, they closed one. They closed yours for a reason, and the order in which they were created were no part of that reason.

Can you figure it out yet?

Are you privy to the reason why the mods closed that thread, or are you assuming things? Just curious.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
It wasn't safe.

Obviously you were right; it wasn't safe.

Now why wasn't it safe, and how could the victim have known that beforehand? What environmental factors should he have looked for to determine if an area was not safe?

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I wasn't really surprised that this happened, why aren't Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton saying anything? Its because the victim was white and they aren't interested, they were all over the Zimmercan case but nothing is said here

It is not that the victim was white, rather the victim was not black. Do you really expect Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to give a shit when the victim is not black? They are activists (or whatever you want to call them) for the black community, not white or hispanic or whatever. Its not like they pretend otherwise, when they talk about racism they are referring to racism against blacks.

Sorry, but I keep reading comments like these and I just don't get them as they clearly identify themselves as being with the black community. You are giving them too much credit if you think they will do there routine for every injustice, regardless of color.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Obviously you were right; it wasn't safe.

Now why wasn't it safe, and how could the victim have known that beforehand? What environmental factors should he have looked for to determine if an area was not safe?

LOL!

Would you venture out into unknown territory, drunk?

But nice try. I'm Polish, but not that Polish to fall for that gambit.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
LOL!

Would you venture out into unknown territory, drunk?

But nice try. I'm Polish, but not that Polish to fall for that gambit.

He was a tourist, everywhere (to him) would have been unknown. Are you saying that tourists should not drink while vacationing in the United States?
That seems rather rather untenable.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
He was a tourist, everywhere (to him) would have been unknown. Are you saying that tourists should not drink while vacationing in the United States?

ROFLMAO!

It's not going to work.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003

Whats your take on a unsafe area ?