Crowd Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist On St. Patrick’s Day; Incident Caught On*Camera

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I agree the attackers ARE savages, no matter the race, by their actions alone.

I do not believe there should be extra penalties based on race or any other way used to segregate people, just enforce the crimes correctly and to the full extent required and we wouldn't need all these extra useless redundant laws.

I also think if a mob attacks, everyone in that mob should be held to all the crimes committed by that mob. Maybe that would encourage people to help rather than join in...

While I usually agree with the bolded, I still think there should be stiffer penalties for crimes committed against tourists/foriegners who are our guests. It just really rubs me wrong that people would target those who willingly visit our country to see the US in all its glory and faults. But as someone else pointed out, proving this could be problematic.

I like your idea regarding penalizing the entire mob, since the mob mentality is in play with these types of crimes.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
It is clear why this thread was posted. But let me clear up something about Baltimore. I have had family living there for over 40 years. One cousin they beat him and robbed him. He was in a coma for 3 days and never woke up. Another cousin who was a twin, was killed and they set her body on fire to try and make it look like she died from the fire. But the autopsy showed she was dead a couple days already. They were black.

Another cousin was shot 5 times, in broad damn daylight. He survived though. There are at least another half dozen tragedys I could speak of. But this is Baltimore. And quite frankly, this guy got off lucky. It is a violent place. And if you think that its just a black thing, think again. I know about 10 years ago while visting there was at least 2 dealers in Baltimore who were white, that could in any neighborhood unchecked. And their boys hanging too. My cousin kept herself a white dude and she lived in one section that God as my witness, I wouldn't even go out after dusk. So you can think what you want.

Baltimore is indeed overall a shithole in general. But there's a difference between Baltimore City that you saw so vividly on HBO's The Wire and Baltimore the suburbs in the county. Even in the city there are pretty nice areas but yeah you cross several blocks and you just might end up in the ghetto parts near a crackhouse.

Is your story referring to folks that lived in Baltimore City or some bad county like Randallstown or something. Either way that's very terrible and not that this means shit but I'm sorry for your fam's troubles.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Is your story referring to folks that lived in Baltimore City or some bad county like Randallstown or something. Either way that's very terrible and not that this means shit but I'm sorry for your fam's troubles.

what difference should that make?

This kind of thing OK in some parts?

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
@perknose

you ever think that maybe the "savages" reference is for the type of people that would do this - irrespective of their colour? i mean if it was a white guy kicking the crap out of another person (doesn't matter what their colour was) without provocation then wouldn't it be right to call that piece of shit a savage?

the people that did this are pathetic rabid savages. what colour they are doesn't matter. if you don't agree, then i'm sorry but that's not civility - it's a one way only political correctness issue i.e whites beating blacks = racist. flip the colours around and it's not? that's crazy and that's the reason why people think PC is a retarded thing.

you missed the fucking point. If 'savages' was used across the board it wouldn't be a banned word.

I don't think you realize the race perk represents though, and he is impartial.

I got the liberty of calling my police again today. Our corner park had mostly white kids trying to smash the bottom of a flooded skate pool with the parking curbs. Then the only two white girls bragging about how they fucked 5 dudes here and making fun of a guy with a black girlfriend offering to fuck him to turn him back. It was a lot worse than this sounds and doesn't mention repeating it. Once I was passing them, they started throwing rocks at my dog and then acting like they weren't doing anything wrong.

People are too focused on color today and have lost sight of the real problem.

I am so not going to miss living in this crappy neighborhood.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
@perknose

you ever think that maybe the "savages" reference is for the type of people that would do this - irrespective of their colour? i mean if it was a white guy kicking the crap out of another person (doesn't matter what their colour was) without provocation then wouldn't it be right to call that piece of shit a savage?

the people that did this are pathetic rabid savages. what colour they are doesn't matter. if you don't agree, then i'm sorry but that's not civility - it's a one way only political correctness issue i.e whites beating blacks = racist. flip the colours around and it's not? that's crazy and that's the reason why people think PC is a retarded thing.
Yur on a forum full of ultra libs. Dont try arguing against them. You're always wrong.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
you missed the fucking point. If 'savages' was used across the board it wouldn't be a banned word.

i've never heard of "savage" being a banned word. honestly. fuck political correctness. needs to swing way the fuck back in the other direction. IMO if people act like savages (whatever colour/race etc etc etc religion/who cares) then they can be referred to as savages.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i've never heard of "savage" being a banned word. honestly. fuck political correctness. needs to swing way the fuck back in the other direction. IMO if people act like savages (whatever colour/race etc etc etc religion/who cares) then they can be referred to as savages.

so who the fuck are you then?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I did not even bother to click the link yet and I know the racial make up of the criminals.

Yup, I was right on.

Where are all the outrage and marching and chanting of "No Justic, No Peace"? Oh, a white person was a victim. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

One more thing, the FBI needs to update their data of arrest on certain racial group much more frequently or the data would be totally out of date.

As a white man I'd like to know what rights I have not afforded to minorities in the US so I can start exercising them immediately. Thank you! Besides the right to score higher on standardized tests and get bumped out of a slot at school and have the media downplay it if my store get robbed by a gang of "youths".

The right to work hard, follow the law, pay taxes, all the boring normal stuffs so certain racial group can blame on you for their own shortcomings/problem while your taxes supporting them, and rob/steal from your store cuz you "dis" them.

Last edited:

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
what difference should that make?

This kind of thing OK in some parts?

How do you come to your conclusion from what you quoted? Listen bud, I'm originally from the area and I was just curious what part of Baltimore this happened at. Judging by the tone of your posts in this thread, maybe you should take a breath and relax.

And no smartguy, I don't think this is OK in any parts. Baltimore is a pretty big area. It's not just what you see on the Wire. There's shitholes with shitheads and good areas with good people. Just like the internet there's also your shitheads and good people. Guess which one your being.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
How do you come to your conclusion from what you quoted? Listen bud, I'm originally from the area and I was just curious what part of Baltimore this happened at. Judging by the tone of your posts in this thread, maybe you should take a breath and relax.

And no smartguy, I don't think this is OK in any parts. Baltimore is a pretty big area. It's not just what you see on the Wire. There's shitholes with shitheads and good areas with good people. Just like the internet there's also your shitheads and good people. Guess which one your being.

I can tell you must be from Baltimore, what are you going to do next kick my ass?

I don't watch "The Wire", I am basing my opinion on the news that comes from that area.

Don't hurt me, please!

cave_dweller

Mar 3, 2012
The Government have gone way over the top with job cuts.

I've just heard three prostitutes have been axed in Baltimore already?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

You know, I must agree with you on this.

However, I don't think its just the PC crowd that has fucked up what words we can use to describe people regardless of how accurate they are. When you have a small segment of people using a certain word in an obviously racist way it usually fucks it up for everyone else. I still think its bullshit but it does add a bit of context.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
i recall seeing videos a while back about the Vancouver hockey riots in Canada, they were all white youth, but nobody came out and said "LOOK WHITE PEOPLE ARE HOOLIGANS" because to say such a thing in a predominantly white society would be absurd (hey we KNOW alot of white people, and they're all peaceful, so we just call those rioters thugs).

but when blacks do it in a group, well, they're black, so it must be cultural or racially based (because we DON'T KNOW many blacks, so we run with our fears).

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i recall seeing videos a while back about the Vancouver hockey riots in Canada, they were all white youth, but nobody came out and said "LOOK WHITE PEOPLE ARE HOOLIGANS" because to say such a thing in a predominantly white society would be absurd (hey we KNOW alot of white people, and they're all peaceful, so we just call those rioters thugs).

but when blacks do it in a group, well, they're black, so it must be cultural or racially based (because we DON'T KNOW many blacks, so we run with our fears).

Canadians are all like that, we are talking about the US.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

Did they pick out the only black guy in the crowd and then beat, strip and rob him? I don't remember that being the story.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
I can tell you must be from Baltimore, what are you going to do next kick my ass?

I don't watch "The Wire", I am basing my opinion on the news that comes from that area.

Don't hurt me, please!

lolll you mad? So smart you are with your internet research skills to base your opinions on some news stories. All good man...you can hide behind the Internet so carry on!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
lolll you mad? So smart you are with your internet research skills to base your opinions on some news stories. All good man...you can hide behind the Internet so carry on!

Yeah, it's a conspiracy that the news is just picking on poor little Baltimore.

I hardly hide behind the internet, I am pretty open with my life.

My current neighborhood is a shithole, you don't hear about it in the paper much except for our towns first 4 murders all happening in the last couple years.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
How is this racism ? Maybe he was just chosen at random and as luck would have it, he happened to be a white guy. If he wasn't there then theres a good chance a African-American person would have been attacked instead.