Crossfire support in Cryostasis

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I've owned the game since release and originally played on a GTX280(8800gs for physx) setup with satisfactory results. Tonight I reinstalled the game to give it another run through. I am aware my hd4870 x2 and 4870 won't do physx but i want to play anyway. I am utterly dissappointed with the performance I am getting. Mid teens at 2560x1600 with AA off and AF off.

My rig is fairly potent 3.6 q6600, 8 gigs of ram and trifired 4870's. There is ZERO info around the 'net regarding updated crossfire performance numbers and all the initial reviews showed that crossfire wasn't working. Is this really the case? No crossfire support in a game that is over a year old?

Can somebody shed some light in here, or possibly send me in the right direction?

Game is patched to 1.1

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
Make sure that PhysX is disabled completely in the game options, if its on, will run like crap regardless of the ATi's GPU that you are using.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
After an awesome Crysis replay using 285 Tri-SLi, I tried that game and was stunned at how poorly it ran in comparision. I was hitting 60+ with mixed high/max detail in Crysis, while Cryostasis (even with PhsyX disabled) struggled to get past 30.

I set everything to the low detail and it still had low fps. ANY other game I ran was flying. SLI was working too. I also tested with 4870 Tri-Fire which was a waste.

Not to offend any fans, but that game is garbage. I snapped the disc in half and threw it in the trash. Have fun with it, destroy it in the most satisfying manner and switch to something playable..

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
lol, i hear ya. Ya, I've tried it with all settings on low too and got absymal performance