Critique my resume

Elbryn

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
nice actually using the fv hosting space to do something that doesnt involve nsfw things? 8)

i dont know anything about the drafting business but your resume comes off right away as looking like you put not much time into it and just listed a few things with very little detail as to what you worked on and what you actually know.
i guess drafting can mean alot of things.. what did you actually work on? what type of cad specific skills did you use? were you responsible for projects entirely on your own? what kind of personal responsibility did you undertake? teamwork? you cant say that in 6 years there is nothing to expand upon in your job.

if you're looking for specific cad drawing jobs, is it worth mentioning IT support responsibilities? if you deem it valuable, what specific support did you do? servers? desktops? office support? network? voice/tcom?

it seems kind of redundant to list software used and then program knowledge again. program knowledge almost implies programming language and not software familiarity.

my opinion is there is alot to be done here.. search for some resume samples. custom tailor the resume for the specific job you're seeking. try to list things out in a format that has a cause and effect. ie: translated customer specifications on project XYZ for widget that utilized specific skill XYZ on software package QQQ leading to 5% faster time to market for machinery PZT.

Crafty35a

Feb 2, 2003
Thanks for the tips! I've updated the resume at the link above, taking into account some of your suggestions. I've also greatly expanded the "Responsibilities" section for my current job, including some specific examples. Does anyone have any more suggestions before I start sending this out to prospective employers?

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Too bland, not enough structure, too much indentation/bullet points.