Criminal Probe of GOP hired voter firm

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are right, this is nothing like ACORN. Thanks for pointing that out. This is one employee at a private company not doing his job. ACORN received government funding and had over a dozen Felony convictions.

And we already had a thread on this.

Imagine that! I righty telling another lie! It must be a party requirement now.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Double dip of hogwash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACORN_2009_undercover_videos_controversy

Several ACORN employees were convicted of fraud- they essentially defrauded their employer by creating false voter registrations, many of which ACORN caught & flagged before sending them on to voting authorities. They were required by law to forward all registrations, even ones they believed to be bogus.

The current investigation in Florida is different-

From the linked article.

Sproul's firms appear to have engaged in a systematic process of abuse, not just abuses by individual employees...

You are proving my point. Same shit different day.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
And I remember all the excuses last few times this came up. "This is voter registration fraud, not voter fraud. Big difference"

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are right, nobody got convicted from Acorn. Oh wait.....

Idiot.

Convictions? Were these the same people that ACORN turned in? Were these the same people that committed voter registration fraud to get paid by making sure they hit their quota?

If so, then shouldn't we be seeing the same thing in this case? Opps it looks like they are similar after all!

You said that ACORN was outed by a video, they weren't, the video was discredited as being heavily edited.

I also find it funny that you say, "This is one employee", and yet don't apply that same logic to ACORN's situation as the voter registration fraud wasn't a company directive.

But hey, lying pieces of shits lie so I shouldn't have expected anything different.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
It's truly hilarious to see the only instances of actual voter fraud are being perpetrated by the GOP themselves. Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

It's a party in its last throes.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Convictions? Were these the same people that ACORN turned in? Were these the same people that committed voter registration fraud to get paid by making sure they hit their quota?

If so, then shouldn't we be seeing the same thing in this case? Opps it looks like they are similar after all!

You said that ACORN was outed by a video, they weren't, the video was discredited as being heavily edited.

I also find it funny that you say, "This is one employee", and yet don't apply that same logic to ACORN's situation as the voter registration fraud wasn't a company directive.

But hey, lying pieces of shits lie so I shouldn't have expected anything different.

Oh ya, you are making excuses here and I am the piece of shit.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Oh ya, you are making excuses here and I am the piece of shit.

Where did make excuses? I said the situation was similar to the ACORN "scandal" and you claimed it wasn't, I then showed you how it was indeed similar except you don't hear anyone on the right complaining in the same way they did with ACORN.